Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Yesterday, a red 1969 Impala SS427, complete with the class 4 trailer hitch that it seems like all big-engined full-size cars had back in the day. I might be able to get some pics from my dash cam. I am still hacking the unburned hydrocarbons out of my lungs from he entered the freeway ahead of me.

Good thing he has a few spares around. Looking at the right rear I'm thinking he may be looking for some place the change tires. I would like to know what all has been done to the chassis, since this is a unibody car, and the engine. The stock engine could barely get out of its own way let alone pull these large diameter tires. Maybe a chassis and drive train swap with a factory 4X4 of some sort? 

12 minutes ago, espo said:

Maybe a chassis and drive train swap with a factory 4X4 of some sort? 

I did a little googling and it seems that lift kits for the Geo are a lot more common than we'd expect.  I don't know about drive train swaps, I was not that interested lol 🤪

9 minutes ago, Draggon said:

I did a little googling and it seems that lift kits for the Geo are a lot more common than we'd expect.  I don't know about drive train swaps, I was not that interested lol 🤪

Thanks for the info. I had no idea that anyone would want to spend this kind of money on an old GEO. 

I got my MX-5 out of storage today. This is it parked beside the Assiniboine river which is nearly overflowing. I also saw a real nice gold  ‘71(?) Lemans Sport convertible  parked there. I went around again to get a pic, but it was gone.

0110CD7E-E32C-4F86-85B9-AA25F9F0CFF5.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SSNJim said:

I saw a Porsche Cayenne pulling a U-Haul trailer today. The trailer was about enclosed motorcycle trailer-size, not really big.

I don't think I've ever seen any Porsche pulling a trailer.

I've seen a few Cayennes towing trailers...I recall seeing one towing a small Airstream and another towing a car trailer w/ a 911 race car on it.

Not seen on the road but whilst researching for sand/dune/beach buggies I came across this 1970's prototype for a kit car. Has anyone any ideas what it might be or any info at all please?

photo3-vi.jpg

2 hours ago, PatW said:

Not seen on the road but whilst researching for sand/dune/beach buggies I came across this 1970's prototype for a kit car. Has anyone any ideas what it might be or any info at all please?

photo3-vi.jpg

That is way cool !