Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

On 4/10/2022 at 2:08 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

Third time I've seen this car and still trying to get a photo. Up here in Yucca Valley someone has taken a 1958 or '59 Datsun 1000 sedan, converted it to a two-door, put slicks on the back and something loud under the hood, and painted it bright yellow. Got a red hood scoop with "Air Grabber" on the sides. I'll get that shot one of these days...

Fourth time was the charm! Stumbled on it the other day and spoke to the owner - it was shortened through the rear doors, it has a full frame with four-link suspension, and a small-block Ford under its little hood:

121110778_datsun2.jpg.c55305492a84f4efe7c36c6ff935c634.jpg

107787975_datsun1.jpg.7af316c9a29c49857d1f2ed262f52136.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Earl Marischal said:

Not my picture but this passed me going the other way last evening; The World’s Fastest Shed.

steve

DA2A7866-550F-4D5D-8FA2-FB50F8D86FC2.jpeg

Looks like it might be difficult to change a tire on that! 

1 hour ago, Safire6 said:

Saw this nice ‘55 or ‘56 (?) Ford Fairlane in a parking lot near home yesterday.

710CC35C-546A-4FA3-AAAC-4F221BCCB960.thumb.jpeg.8884041ef52db26cef3ffa8507010e14.jpeg

1F21A852-2090-42F3-8A1E-B24D6EDBE5EB.thumb.jpeg.695de93d3cc8ee1b53da53e3fd0f7841.jpeg

This would be a '55 Ford Fairlane, and you are correct, it is a great looking example. 

11 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

Not on the road, but tonight's cruise night.  Had some bullet holes that could have been fixed. 🙄

IMG_3842.thumb.jpg.34ea9d65a559ed94ecfbd65ea2e99166.jpg

You guys know what "fanny" means in British slang, right?  It would be, ahem, "kitty wagon" to us Yanks.

Edited by peteski
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sfhess said:

Was the stereo louder than the bike's engine?

Probably was lol.  That's how it is around here loud speakers on bikes can even hear the engine.  As someone who loves motorcycles and have 100% respect for bikes I've actually lost some of that respect to most bikers.  I've seen a dude with no shirt and shorts on with open face helmet like no gear on at all.  I don't care if it's hot or not wear your gear bruh.  All i could think about was him getting hit and his skin sliding across hot pavement 😕

2 hours ago, keyser said:

Somebody has to donate organs🤣

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

But you'd probably contract terminal narcissistic stupidity from that transplant.

A close friend was on "the list" for a kidney for about five years with no luck. They were considering a (temporary) move to a state with no helmet law to "speed" things up a bit. Didn't happen, but he did get a kidney from the East Coast at the beginning of the really ugly part of COVID in early April 2020. He looks great and feels great. No, the donor didn't die of COVID or on a motorcycle. A couple of weeks ago I was blessed to get to spend some time with him AND our mutual friend who received a heart transplant some years ago. Really makes you forget about the petty stuff like the price of kits. These two mid-late 50 year old guys are still above ground due to someone else not being above ground.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dpate said:

Probably was lol.  That's how it is around here loud speakers on bikes can even hear the engine.  As someone who loves motorcycles and have 100% respect for bikes I've actually lost some of that respect to most bikers.  I've seen a dude with no shirt and shorts on with open face helmet like no gear on at all.  I don't care if it's hot or not wear your gear bruh.  All i could think about was him getting hit and his skin sliding across hot pavement 😕

LOL you ought to see the "wheelie kings" out here.

31 minutes ago, Suburban_Hooligan said:

i saw a transformer today.  judging by the amount of aero, im guessing it turns into a fighter jet... 

Not even an Si. Only has 2 pipes. That much camber in back in FWD (I think Si is awd) is not how I learned to tune. Looks cool but I want g loads not looks

• Like 1