Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, espo said:

While it's a nice looking clone, with the after market paint masks out there I think there are more Yanko Deuces now than Yanko ever sold new.  

That's like "327 Corvette engines". Every old clapped out piece of carp that was aloud on the street with a small block Chevy engine had a "Corvette 327 with fuelie heads and a 3/4 cam" even if it said it's a late '70s 305 2BBL when you looked up the serial numbers. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

That's like "327 Corvette engines". Every old clapped out piece of carp that was aloud on the street with a small block Chevy engine had a "Corvette 327 with fuelie heads and a 3/4 cam" even if it said it's a late '70s 305 2BBL when you looked up the serial numbers. 😉

So true. Just read any ad on E Bay for a car with a small block chevy engine, they're all Corvette engines. By the same token you will see every early OHV Ford thru 1957 has a 312 cu in engine, even the 1954 models. Corvette valve covers do not a Corvette engine make and the same goes for T-Bird valve covers. They even had 272 and 292 cu in engines that had valve covers, painted black, that said it was a Thunder Bird engine and fender emblems attesting to it as well. Like you said check the serial numbers and you have to pull a valve cover and look for the casting numbers under them to know for sure. The Corvette FI heads you mention, often called the "camel hump" heads were superseded by far better equipment by the early to mid 1960's anyway.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

E85 is $4.19/gallon at the station I pass almost every day. Even with the hit in fuel economy, that seems like a deal vs. $6.59 for regular. You never used to see anyone at the E85 pump, but now there is typically 4-5 cars waiting for their single pump. Ford/GM trucks, various Chryslers, etc. Guess those folks know what the "Flex Fuel" badge on the back means.  😉

PXL_20220614_234113881_MP.jpg.3d28872bcc76cc57c81966cc3293fa43.jpg

Edited by Rodent
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw two interesting cars in 10 minutes yesterday. A '53 Packard more door headed north on a flatbed truck and a '36 Chevy 5w coupe street rod on a used car lot. Both in Northwest Dayton, Ohio.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

07F19386-9C2C-49E4-8458-2ED04D8671F4.thumb.jpeg.3a4f92ff72d0350db8b2850039917950.jpeg

Went to the local fish&chip shop and parked next to  stunning 1974 Caddy flower car. Owner told be it was a local conversion done in Victoria by Trudeau. Plans are to lower the ride. 
 

B281E8C7-D94E-45E0-85F9-2092273E4A9B.jpeg.bcf646fd7041b46751b6faacf5989544.jpeg

The conversion was named “ElGrandé” and the builder name Trudeau is on a script under the reflector.

CBE45493-4531-48A4-8435-10332D2CC084.thumb.jpeg.4aaa8bec053702f51368a641807e68b4.jpeg

00447685-9A69-40B7-89BB-60D3E6921695.jpeg.30867543f8edefe39b6910d36ca46d27.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Car meet here in the Arctic of Sweden.

Allot of nice and some not so nice cars but the weather was terrible so just some pics. And of all Cool cars I got kind of exited about this Olds!

8050402C-7DE7-436B-A235-45916EB2A0FD.thumb.jpeg.e2f3356c2216f52fcecdb8b8def90328.jpeg
A5D937C0-F634-4004-AD09-4424018CD464.thumb.jpeg.d88bf72b570139a136dbe137039a81af.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man. They will slap the name Shelby on anything these days. Talk about beating a dead horse, Let the guy rest in peace already. The name has lost all meaning.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2022 at 8:17 PM, Rodent said:

E85 is $4.19/gallon at the station I pass almost every day. Even with the hit in fuel economy, that seems like a deal vs. $6.59 for regular. You never used to see anyone at the E85 pump, but now there is typically 4-5 cars waiting for their single pump. Ford/GM trucks, various Chryslers, etc. Guess those folks know what the "Flex Fuel" badge on the back means.  😉

PXL_20220614_234113881_MP.jpg.3d28872bcc76cc57c81966cc3293fa43.jpg

Ours here in the UK is £8 per gallon. Diesel that is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2022 at 2:00 AM, espo said:

I saw one of these new Mustangs today in the market parking lot. I didn't realize what it was, and didn't particularly care, but the horse in the middle of where the grill should have been caught my eye. This looked like a substantial sized 4 door sedan not at all like a crossover or what ever those things are. They should have called it an LTD and it would have been more fitting of a name for the size of vehicle and the general shape of it. 

WE have 'New' Mustangs here in the UK with filled in grilles with the Mustang logo in the middle, yes they are electric!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I continue to be surprised by the variety of cool vehicles in the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island out on the west coast of Canada! Strolling along the streets of Duncan I spotted this immaculate mid-fifties VW oval window in a gleaming pewter finish. Back in the day I had a rather rough oval window with a factory sunroof, had to park it on an incline as the starter was shot. 

3563C922-A71C-40D4-AA2D-E2A71505DAF3.jpeg.94eef9a2da22d021ed1e21e848087c90.jpeg


1F088386-DAAF-4FD6-AB7A-204EADB0E197.jpeg.6808db3abcb3960e373a239432bbfbe3.jpeg

 

2D7F9478-8164-4EEC-9AB8-CE6A50003F06.jpeg.2690913231a7cc009858609d2cb8410e.jpeg

 

8724AC03-6656-4E57-A09A-F00C79D24842.jpeg.0412566b82d0f66e748fbaff63dceb40.jpeg

 

Then I came upon a great summer vehicle, an IHC Scout all decked out for cruising to the beach!

0B07689E-E04A-437A-9B0F-74757261E6D6.jpeg.f69410936721cf5db184c3b3b4c1288d.jpeg

 

A6476D61-9479-42F8-BC2B-E9F9F76DF63A.jpeg.067015ea325d3c9db69ea0fa220ac3a4.jpeg

 

BE748E59-4A37-4796-9532-5DA79B5583FE.jpeg.ce50226e656fe36b18ff4d482c9536ff.jpeg

Seems that each time I come into town there’s something to catch my eye! Cheers Misha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Misha said:

I continue to be surprised by the variety of cool vehicles in the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island out on the west coast of Canada! Strolling along the streets of Duncan I spotted this immaculate mid-fifties VW oval window in a gleaming pewter finish. Back in the day I had a rather rough oval window with a factory sunroof, had to park it on an incline as the starter was shot. 

3563C922-A71C-40D4-AA2D-E2A71505DAF3.jpeg.94eef9a2da22d021ed1e21e848087c90.jpeg


1F088386-DAAF-4FD6-AB7A-204EADB0E197.jpeg.6808db3abcb3960e373a239432bbfbe3.jpeg

 

2D7F9478-8164-4EEC-9AB8-CE6A50003F06.jpeg.2690913231a7cc009858609d2cb8410e.jpeg

 

8724AC03-6656-4E57-A09A-F00C79D24842.jpeg.0412566b82d0f66e748fbaff63dceb40.jpeg

 

Then I came upon a great summer vehicle, an IHC Scout all decked out for cruising to the beach!

0B07689E-E04A-437A-9B0F-74757261E6D6.jpeg.f69410936721cf5db184c3b3b4c1288d.jpeg

 

A6476D61-9479-42F8-BC2B-E9F9F76DF63A.jpeg.067015ea325d3c9db69ea0fa220ac3a4.jpeg

 

BE748E59-4A37-4796-9532-5DA79B5583FE.jpeg.ce50226e656fe36b18ff4d482c9536ff.jpeg

Seems that each time I come into town there’s something to catch my eye! Cheers Misha

Hi Misha, I just wanted to chime in on your remarks about Vancouver Island. I have had the great fortune to have visited there a few times and your remarks about the clean cars is something I also remember.  Besides being one of the most beautiful places to visit and the friendly people in the area, there does seem to be a large number of really nice cars and trucks around. Could be the climate or just people that like older cars.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, espo said:

Hi Misha, I just wanted to chime in on your remarks about Vancouver Island. I have had the great fortune to have visited there a few times and your remarks about the clean cars is something I also remember.  Besides being one of the most beautiful places to visit and the friendly people in the area, there does seem to be a large number of really nice cars and trucks around. Could be the climate or just people that like older cars.  

I used to live in Courtney when I was a kid and remember there were always cool cars on the Island. Was back for a visit twice in the '80s and couldn't believe how many old Thunderbirds there were there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Can-Con said:

I used to live in Courtney when I was a kid and remember there were always cool cars on the Island. Was back for a visit twice in the '80s and couldn't believe how many old Thunderbirds there were there.

My wife had never been, and I was showing her the Olympic Peninsula area when we were on vacation. I had a customer who had just been there and was telling me about the Gardens, so we took the ferry from Port Angeles to Vancouver for thew day. We were both struck by how clean everything was compared to the US. Pulling into the Port on the ferry and seeing the Government buildings and the seating on the walls around the port was like stepping into another world. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

991.2 GT3. Fun cars. Nice pic. 
Oops. It’s a 991.2, the front center intake goes outwards at bottom. Sorry, ez dumb mistake. ‘18, not ‘15. 

Edited by keyser
Screwed up
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...