Model Cars Magazine Forum

What are your Bucket List Kits?

What is your elusive "Bucket List" model kit? That kit you've wanted for forever, and hope to acquire before you're too old to enjoy it, but just can't seem to find. 

Here's mine.

20180908_152246-vi.jpg.952931ebe8de16cd2d3ecccf681e9de0.jpg

As a kid, I remember seeing this kit on the hobby shop shelf and never forgot about it. Everytime I was looking for old kits, I always wished I could find one that I could afford. Usually, I couldn't even find one at all. Never even saw one in person! Right now I can't even build it, it's  too cool to me. It's just something I want to display on my shelf. Maybe someday though.

Thanks to the generosity of Tonioseven, I now have one and I'm so pleased! Thanks Antonio.

Now what's yours?

Edited by Oldcarfan27

At the turn of the century, I had quite a long bucket list. But between reissues, luck, eBay, a couple periods of relative prosperity, Modelhaus, and the development of restoration/rebuilding skills, I've managed to collect at least rebuildable copies of almost everything on it--and in quite a few cases, mint kits. 

But I can think of several I'd still like to find. MPC '68 Impala hardtop. AMT '65 Chevelle HT (Craftsman). And two of the Revell "double dragster" kits, the one with the Fiat and the one with the Bantam. Oh heck, make it all three: the one with the T-bucket, too. 

I had the "Sweat Hog's kit, way back in 1977 i think   I took the figure's , and dressed them up to look like the rock band KISS.

I blew the car up.

The  kit was also released as The Fonz car, with a Fonzi figure included.

My "bucket list" kit is the Jo-Han  Haulin Hearse.

jc8002-fix.jpg

I have built 3 of them  ( two got the "firecracker treatment, the third I purchased in 1983 and hacked it up into something else.)

Man, I wish I could go back in time .... and punch myself in the face !

I have very few left that I really want & have yet to find.

They include a '66 Buick Skylark GS, '64 Olds Cutlass, & a '63 Mercury convertible.

I also wouldn't mind finding a '66 Barracuda.

But my "true" Holy Grail kits have already been fulfilled.

Things like a Johan '61 Plymouth Fury and '66 Chrysler 300, both of which I've already built.

Steve

2v23EkfTWxwUbWP.jpg 

2v29oYYfExwUbWP.jpg

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Let's see.....MPC '66 Dodge Polara...Jo-Han '65 and '66 Plymouth Fury...Jo-Han '63 thru '67 Chrysler 300...AMT '59 Buick...AMT '66 Buick Skylark..........

I know there are more, as I try to recall the kits from the sixties that I built as a mere lad, but it's late at night, and my teeny brain is in "Shut Down" mode!!

Mine would be these...been trying to get a hold of them for many years now...most have a sentimental thing for me as well..but I might as well be asking for the moon on my budget...???

Monograms Un-Real Roller..one of the first kits I ever built.

Monograms large scale funny car Mean Maverick.

68,69 Bonnevilles any and the 70 HT

69-72 Grand Prixs...even the one called Super Fly

65 and 66 Chrysler 300s and Monacos

75 Firebird TA...I owned one once and had to sell the 1 to 1 car..it liked to killed me.

Normatt Winnebago motorhome

71-75 Dodge vans

71,72 Pontiac Sprint II

69 and 70 Cadillac Coupe DeVilles

70 and 71 Cyclone GT or Spoilers

70,71 Ford LTD 4 door HT

69 Ambassador

73 Cutlass

parts to repair/restore my dads old one with.

and a couple of others.  Id be happy with ether kits..buildups..promos of them.  Seems like time runs out all too quickly.

Edited by disabled modeler

A few I would like to get my hands on:

63 Pontiac Bonneville

64 Oldsmobile F-85

62 Oldsmobile Starfire - had two uncles that owned them, one was black and the other was silver

All the 150+ kits I sold off in 1984 including the annuals from '60 up through the time I sold them.

1 hour ago, Hawk312 said:

I have all mine, and yet time remains elusive.

So does space to display them! I have the Turbo T/A, 82 Z28, 78 and 82 Vettes - all built. Big Red Rod, Monogram 1/12 57 Chevy, Entex Porsche and Revell Mustang - unbuilt. And I used to have the 65 Corvette, Jaguar, Golden T - sold them long ago. I love the big scale kits, but I had to come to the realization that I had no practical place to display them once they were built, and they won't fit back in the box at that point either.

27 minutes ago, Kit Basher said:

I seem to remember building one of those when that kit was brand new. What I most remember about it was the huge amount of platform framing and girders and guardrails or whatever they were. I seem to remember them being a nightmare to brush-paint with Testor enamel. :angry: