Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

'75 Monza--Finito!

Straightliner59

This car was inspired by the late-'60s Trans Am series Camaros, and Mustangs. By the time the Monza was introduced, most of the road racing cars were wearing those big, pontooned IMSA-type fender flares. I always hated those, so, I went a little retro,with my design.

This represents something that would have been built around 1977 (I wanted something I could use those beautiful Bicentennial Montana plates on!). It's built for speed and safety. It features a basic roll bar, four point harnesses, and a big fuel tank, for those wide-open spaces on the highways under the Big Sky.

I've always loved the "H"-bodied GM cars, especially the Vega and the Monza. This is, actually, the third Monza I've built! Funnily enough, they've all been green! If you're interested in the process of this creation, you can follow the entire project here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/…/130953-1975-monza-all-parts-…/

Questions/comments always welcome!

DSC_0004cr.jpg

DSC_0009cr.jpg

DSC_0020cr.jpg

DSC_0026cr.jpg

DSC_0028cr.jpg

DSC_0035cr.jpg

DSC_0042cr.jpg

Thank you, Dave and Oscar. I'm pretty happy with it. And, it always feels good to put something new in the display case!

1 hour ago, Dann Tier said:

You know, when I was a kid, these were the farthest thing from being a sweet ride, but the way you built this shows just how wrong I was!....its OUTSTANDING!!!!

I appreciate that, Dann, very much! Thanks! It does look like it would be a fun ride, no?

Very nicely done Monza! Always great to see another GM H-Body built in scale, and this one is definitely one of the better builds that I've seen done from this kit. I think you nailed the overall look with this one. Good looking paint work, clean BMF and sharp detail painting here and there make this one stand out. Nice work.

I want to sincerely thank everyone for your kind words. I am stunned, and honored. I accomplished the vision I had for the car, and the model, and it's gratifying that others appreciate that vision. Anyhoo, before I get too sappy, I enjoyed the process and learning a couple of new techniques (Thanks again, Steve Milberry, for the tip for the headlights!). I'm trying to decide what's next. If I can make a set of Enderle injectors and manifold for a small block Chevy, I might see if I can't finish up my junior fueler...or, I have an Ideal Toy Company BMW R69 motorcycle that I've been looking at. Or, there's the Badman, or...