Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Ford Galaxie XL, 427 R Code.

StevenGuthmiller

She's finally done.

I kind of wish that I would have gone back and spent a little more time on a few items, but all in all, it's good enough for me.

If you have followed along with the build thread, you will know what all was done with this project, so I won't bore you with that.

I'll just move on to the fair to mediocre pics. ;)

As always, all comments and critiques are welcome.

Steve

2v2EAi2ANxwUbWP.jpg

2v2EAiv9dxwUbWP.jpg

2v2EAi3DSxwUbWP.jpg

2v2EAi2bjxwUbWP.jpg

2v2EAi3zgxwUbWP.jpg

2v2EAi3FgxwUbWP.jpg

2v2EAiUCdxwUbWP.jpg

2v2EAiUgLxwUbWP.jpg

2v2EAiU7GxwUbWP.jpg

2v2EAioTnxwUbWP.jpg

This is to die for (well almost) ;)

Have that kit in my stash too, on my copy the builder build the chassis as a to play model, which means a metal axle through the engine block but the rest is mint, same for the convert I have.

IMHO the most beautiful full-size Ford of the '60s.

Luc

41 minutes ago, landman said:

was the solenoid part of the kit?

No.

There was virtually no detail under the hood whatsoever!

I added any firewall and fender well wiring that you see, as well as the windshield washer motor and bag, master cylinder, solenoid, horns and radiator bracket.

Steve

Sweet looking build.  Clean and nicely detailed.

Interesting how both Ford and Chevy went to that "fast back" look for '67.  Looks like the Galaxie and Impala even had the same sharp crease along the top of the rear fender line.  Gotta wonder if some of the Ford and Chevy designers were golfing buds or something...

Absolutely fabulous build Steve.  I think I've said previously that my first car was a '67 Ford Galaxie 4 door in almost the same color scheme.  I built a model of it about 25 years ago with the help of a departed friend, but it didn't come out anywhere near as beautiful as yours.  Great job.

Very nice Ford, but coming from your workbench that's not a surprise. All of the added extra detailing really paid off, the overall look is just right. One of the best '67 Fords I've ever seen in scale, can't wait to see your next project...;)