Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sad news

crazyjim

Jim, I'm really sorry to hear this. Seems as though bad news is having an epidemic lately. I just got word from my sister that our Mom is in the hospital (chronic asthma) and then she hit me with a real whammy when she told me our Mom's brother (our Uncle) had passed away last night. I don't think my Mom knows yet however.

I truly hate these cycles when bad news comes in waves. :(

Edited by MrObsessive

1 hour ago, MrObsessive said:

Jim, I'm really sorry to hear this. Seems as though bad news is having an epidemic lately. I just got word from my sister that our Mom is in the hospital (chronic asthma) and then she hit me with a real whammy when she told me our Mom's brother (our Uncle) had passed away last night. I don't think my Mom knows yet however.

I truly hate these cycles when bad news comes in waves. :(

Waves is a perfect description.And it really sucks getting old.In the words of George Bernard Shaw,”Youth is wasted on the young”.But like it was said, she lived a long life, and your lucky for that.Try to remember the good times you had with her.I know it’s hard, but like I said, time does heal old wounds, or something like that....Anyway,Best wishes to you.

Sorry for your loss Jim, losing your mother or any close family member hurts big time. In the last 5 years I have lost my parents and oldest brother and while I do remember the happy times, it still stings to not have them here to talk to.

Take solace in the fact she led a long life, saw many things and is in a better place now.

18 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Dad last year and Mom a couple years before. You think about them every day. 

Yes you do Snake. My mom died 32 years ago and there are mornings I wake up thinking I have to tell her something.

My deepest sympathy. My Mom is my rock and now 93. She always gives me a big hug every time I see her.

I'm not the most emotional guy, but someday the hugs will be a memory. 

"What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us." H.K.

Edited by STYRENE-SURFER
grammar