Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2020 Kits !

Mr mopar

On 3/29/2020 at 10:25 AM, Trendsetta68 said:

I'm only in for the '69 Chevelle...

Maybe the '62 ... a '62 Biscayne 

would've been awesome  !!!

The ElCamino originally came with a nice set of SST wheels. I wonder if we will see them in the re-release?

1 hour ago, Hawk312 said:

The ElCamino originally came with a nice set of SST wheels. I wonder if we will see them in the re-release?

No. The box art shows the Cragar S/S wheels will be included. Basically the same 3'n'1 kit as the last time, but maybe larger diameter low rider wheels and tires this time?:

RMX-4491-2.jpg

Edited by Casey

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

No. The box art shows the Cragar S/S wheels will be included. Basically the same 3'n'1 kit as the last time, but maybe larger diameter low rider wheels and tires this time?:

RMX-4491-2.jpg

It will still be the same crappy “wire wheels” they put in every kit since the 65 impala , with the goofy Dunlop tires . I wish they would pull the wire wheels are low pro tires from the monte ss kit and use them across the board . 

1 hour ago, Casey said:

RMX-4491-2.jpg

Sorry, I got my S/S and SSTs mixed up. Those on the box are the ones I was hoping would be included.

1 hour ago, dbostream said:

Box arts are prettier than the cars. :)

I do have a couple from the last release... I got some chrome baby Moons from the Revell '57 Chevy Bel Air kit that might look great on the '62 Impala....??

IMG_20200722_142216.jpg

Edited by Deuces ll

9 minutes ago, Dale Gribble said:

Nobody gonna point out they are using Monogram branding on the elco?? 

Monogram developed the kit originally so not surprised. And for historical purposes, Monogram has been 1:24 scale while Revell has been 1:25 scale, probably the easiest way to tell who developed a kit when it comes to those two companies.

12 hours ago, Dave Van said:

My build was inspired by this car from the real 'Gone in 60 seconds'.  I do not like the vinyl top....but now that the kit is coming back I may build it too......

snap484.5.jpg

Dave,

That looks to be a Satellite Sebring with the 383 engine.  If you're talking about the original version of this movie, I haven't seen it since it came out in 1974.  My brother and I thought there were a lot of cool (sorry, Chad!) cars in it.    

1 hour ago, Motor City said:

Dave,

That looks to be a Satellite Sebring with the 383 engine.  If you're talking about the original version of this movie, I haven't seen it since it came out in 1974.  My brother and I thought there were a lot of cool (sorry, Chad!) cars in it.    

Agreed.....and I made custom chrome Sebring logos for it.....but on that light blue...hard to see! 

The "re-use" of the Monogram name is already hit or miss under the revised management.  I too pointed out the use of the Monogram logo on the El Camino when it was announced back in the Spring as to maybe keeping the proper scale heritage to their models, and Casey promptly rained on that parade by accurately pointing out the reissue of the '86 Monte Carlo SS was branded as a Revell kit. But then the Grand National was a Monogram labeled kit.

And on and on this inability to pick a branding for 1/24 kit continues... ?

5 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

The "re-use" of the Monogram name is already hit or miss under the revised management.  I too pointed out the use of the Monogram logo on the El Camino when it was announced back in the Spring as to maybe keeping the proper scale heritage to their models, and Casey promptly rained on that parade by accurately pointing out the reissue of the '86 Monte Carlo SS was branded as a Revell kit. But then the Grand National was a Monogram labeled kit.

And on and on this inability to pick a branding for 1/24 kit continues... ?

And then there is the RoG origin 1/24th items, that are reboxed for the US as Revell, like the Land Rover recently was.

33 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

And then there is the RoG origin 1/24th items, that are reboxed for the US as Revell, like the Land Rover recently was.

Is the Monogram brand being done away with in your opinion?  I do see it on the Elcamino..

Edited by slusher

14 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Agreed.....and I made custom chrome Sebring logos for it.....but on that light blue...hard to see! 

Dave,

How were you able to do that?  The supervisor that my brother and I reported to had bought a '71 Satellite Sebring Plus in '74.  It was a root beer color with a white top.  It was pretty nice.