Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Ads Are Now Out of Control!

31 minutes ago, keyser said:

Uh-oh.

Just got ad for a funeral home. Guess if the masks are out of stock as is TP, you're gonna die :D

Yeah...I just finished digging a hole in the back yard I can fall into when the time comes. Gonna spend the rest of the day building a counter-weighted dirt-dumper that fills the hole automatically. 

9 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Yeah...I just finished digging a hole in the back yard I can fall into when the time comes. Gonna spend the rest of the day building a counter-weighted dirt-dumper that fills the hole automatically. 

To quote the great character Napoleon Wilson in the even greater cult movie Assault on Precinct 13, "Can't argue with a confident man." B):lol:

On 4/7/2020 at 9:30 PM, Brutalform said:

(SNIP) There are items I will refuse to buy just because their TV ads are so annoying. Just my two cents.

I am the same here, but not just limited to TV. If, for example, the folks that litter my front door with handbill advertising are disrespectful, like throwing their adds on the ground by my door, or leaving unwanted circulars on my drive, I would never do business with them.  There is a great John Prine song called "Stop Hollering at Me" talking about how inundated we are with advertising. 

This add BS is out of control this is one of my go to every day sites and I have been getting the magazine for years but it's getting to the point I will be dropping the site we have no idea were these adds are coming from and my be letting unwanted BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH in to our computers I do to much on my computer now from home to take that chance it has got to stop.!!!

10 hours ago, von Zipper said:

Maybe someone should explain to the advertising agencies that this is a model car site and that car modelers are inherently cheap skates ...if we can't use a 40% coupon we aren't interested 

Or at least explain to them that we are probably not in the market for fertilizer?

3 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

Or at least explain to them that we are probably not in the market for fertilizer?

I don't think we all see the same ads. Most ads are now geared to what else you've looked at on your computer. 

For example, I see a good deal of eBay and gun ads here. I bet most of you aren't seeing gun ads. 

8 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I don't think we all see the same ads. Most ads are now geared to what else you've looked at on your computer. 

For example, I see a good deal of eBay and gun ads here. I bet most of you aren't seeing gun ads. 

I have no idea why they might think I would be interested in fertilizer coatings or flexi finger crop lifters? I don’t recall ever looking at agricultural stuff.

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

36 minutes ago, slusher said:

The ads are much better. I am happy as long as I don't have to see the guy in his underwear dancing wait for his pizza...

Well I haven’t seen that one...what else have you been looking at??LOL