Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Ads Are Now Out of Control!

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Any of 'em about where you can still get toilet paper?

HA! I wish.  I gave up and went Amazon a couple weeks ago. Glad I did. As I was researching suppliers and prices, "Quantity in Stock" was dropping as I watched. By the time I decided on one supplier, he showed Out of Stock. 

No idea what the situation is like now. You'd think that soon everyone would decide they have enough. B)

41 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

...No idea what the situation is like now. You'd think that soon everyone would decide they have enough. B)

Kroger, Publix, CVS and Walgreen's have been out since I got back in town on the 15th.

I assume that as soon as a pallet comes in, the jungle drums get the message out to all the panicking hoarders.

I wonder what it's like living with a mind that small.

I've got Adblock Plus, free to Chrome users, and I get no ads on this site.  However, if this site depends on ad clicks for survival I'm willing to turn it off sometimes and do a bunch of ad clicking or whatever to help.  Just need to know what exactly triggers the payoff. Wouldn't want to be doing multiple clicks on the same ad on the same day and find out only one counted.

Enough with the TP problems. We can't do a whole lot about that now, but hopefully soon. These popup ads are out of control. I guess a few are necessary to pay for the forum but, and this is a very big but, when they're running over posts and in between them so you can't even find what you're looking for it becomes a problem. I have noticed a steady rise in this problem and the fact that there was updates done this last week end, is it possible that they are somehow now allowed easier entry to the Forum ?  

9 minutes ago, espo said:

Enough with the TP problems. We can't do a whole lot about that now, but hopefully soon. These popup ads are out of control. I guess a few are necessary to pay for the forum but, and this is a very big but, when they're running over posts and in between them so you can't even find what you're looking for it becomes a problem. I have noticed a steady rise in this problem and the fact that there was updates done this last week end, is it possible that they are somehow now allowed easier entry to the Forum ?  

I agree.

The next step will be for the board to become unusable.

The adds will be useless when the members begin to leave.

I don't need to worry about installing an add blocker on any other forum.

I shouldn't need to have one here either.

Steve 

10 minutes ago, DonW said:

For what it's worth, if you click on a thread within a topic then hit the back arrow at top left to go back to the topic the ads disappear.

That helps, but it's still a pita.

Thanks for the tip. 

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't seen this, but will take a look at our settings tonight. I'm sorry to say, but Google has just been a reticulated disaster with respect to ads. We will either be switching providers, or hiring someone to do this right. 

Thanks for being patient,
Dave

16 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Any of 'em about where you can still get toilet paper?

Think of the pop-ups as virtual toilet paper.  But don't try to use it...

Around here, no problem getting TP.  I even got some paper towels yesterday, haven't seen those in three weeks.

The ads at the top or bottom of the page are fine, I might even click on one or two if its something I can use. BUT, the ones that overlay a page like lunajammer showed - either subject page or within the threads - have to go.