Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Ramp Truck

Now that we have a new ramp truck and other options coming for the Ford series just imagine the cost savings for using these different options for another series of trucks.  I can't wait for the Tow Truck myself. I spent many an hour riding along with my late brother in one just like the blue one pictured earlier except it was red. 

23 minutes ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Now that we have a new ramp truck and other options coming for the Ford series just imagine the cost savings for using these different options for another series of trucks.  I can't wait for the Tow Truck myself. I spent many an hour riding along with my late brother in one just like the blue one pictured earlier except it was red. 

I would really like a tow truck if Moebius does one.  Everything they do sells…

13 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Very interesting info, and thanks for the relevant pictures!

It looks to me like the ramp truck Mickey Thompson used is very close to the forthcoming Moebius kit, but I'm sure the kit has a few details (like that pivoting engine hoist arm) taken from various sources, rather than a full-on direct copy of one ramp body.

8964072053_37ab759f2d.jpg.53f21ec7dcbe459093ad011412b4752b.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Casey said:

It looks to me like the ramp truck Mickey Thompson used is very close to the forthcoming Moebius kit, but I'm sure the kit has a few details (like that pivoting engine hoist arm) taken from various sources, rather than a full-on direct copy of one ramp body.

8964072053_37ab759f2d.jpg.53f21ec7dcbe459093ad011412b4752b.jpg

The following is really vague, and perhaps even I should not even mention it, but somewhere quite a while back (as in several years ago) when this kit ideas was first under consideration, I seem to recall bits of a conversation that the ramp truck was to be patterned after a specific 1/1 scale prototype, and such prototype did belong to a specific well known drag racing team back in the day.....as to what team that might have been, I'm drawing a blank.  TIM 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Did anyone actually see one of these yet?  I’m going to assume there were some unforeseen production delays (supply chain issues maybe?) but I don’t recall seeing that anyone has managed to get a hold of one of these yet…

1 hour ago, CabDriver said:

Did anyone actually see one of these yet?  I’m going to assume there were some unforeseen production delays (supply chain issues maybe?) but I don’t recall seeing that anyone has managed to get a hold of one of these yet…

It has not been released yet, June is being shown for the released date by Model Roundup

Edited by martinfan5
  • Like 1

I have heard that mid to late May is when they will arrive. I have had one on order for months and am in no hurry to build it as there is a ton of stuff ahead of it. Looking forward to it arriving soon, along with some of the other Moebius stuff we were teased with.

• 4 weeks later...