Model Cars Magazine Forum

What’s your favorite television show

slusher

2 hours ago, afx said:

It was a soap opera - absurd was the whole point.

It was a sometimes over-the-top parody of a soap opera--and it was hilarious! :D

In a similar vein was America 2 Night, with Barth Gimble and Jerry Hubbard. B)

On 7/1/2021 at 6:05 PM, oldscool said:

Wow! This thread really took off. Looks like I'm the only one on the board that likes Hogans Heroes. The show can seem rather assinine but if you know the back story it becomes more interesting. Most of the actors who played the Nazis were actually persecuted by the real Nazis during the war and some of them were Jewish. They agreed to play the parts if they could make the Nazis look as silly as possible. Even Robert Clary ( LeBou) was imprisoned for a period of time during the war. It was also one of the first sitcoms to feature an African American as part of the regular cast. This info courtesy of the IMDB website, so if it is incorrect don't blame me.😋

What you said is true. I watch it on MeTV sometimes, but most of the  stories are just so implausible that I just roll my eyes.  Funny that they all can speak perfect German whenever they go out of the camp dressed in German uniforms. Actually the whole German/English language thing is just so silly.  And an Africam American pretending to be a German, back in the WWII days?  That is so out in the left field.

Not sure if the Dick Van Dyke Show, and I Love Lucy were mentioned - they are both excellent old sitcoms.  Cheers was another (newer) sitcom that was quite good.

Someone mentioned Seinfeld - I did not watch it when it was new, but I found it in reruns - brilliantly funny!

8 hours ago, peteski said:

Not sure if the Dick Van Dyke Show, and I Love Lucy were mentioned - they are both excellent old sitcoms.  Cheers was another (newer) sitcom that was quite good.

Someone mentioned Seinfeld - I did not watch it when it was new, but I found it in reruns - brilliantly funny!

I can't watch Lucy reruns--they're just stupid to me now. Dick Van Dyke is one of only two shows from that era that, to me, "stands up" and is still funny, the other being Andy Griffith. 

A local UHF station runs two Seinfeld episodes every night. If there's nothing else on, I watch them, probably see 3 or 4 a week. These too "stand up" and are still hilarious. Each episode is like a brilliantly constructed Rube Goldberg machine of comedy. 

Ok I'll list some of mine :)

Emergency

Adam 12

MASH

Golden Girls

Miami Vice

Justified

Big Bang Theory

Two and a half men

Breaking Bad

Better Call Saul

The Sopranos

Last Man Standing

and lately I've been watching this show on FX called "Mr Inbetween" really good show and one of the only current shows I watch.

Edited by SCRWDRVR

11 hours ago, SCRWDRVR said:

and lately I've been watching this show on FX called "Mr Inbetween" really good show and one of the only current shows I watch.

I was starting to think that I was the only person watching this show. I've been trying to get family, friends, and coworkers to watch this show but no one has checked it out.

17 hours ago, stinkybritches said:

I was starting to think that I was the only person watching this show. I've been trying to get family, friends, and coworkers to watch this show but no one has checked it out.

Yeah me too, I had someone tell me about it and I watched the first 2 seasons on Hulu, I think it’s a really good show…

I have a couple on top of my head ...

The Resident

Iron Resurrection

AEW Dynamite - Yeah it's my guilty pleasure and always had been a big wrestling fan. WWE has gone all to hell nowadays for the last few years. I miss the old WCW and WWF of the 80s and 90s. 

Shows I loved watching from my past...

Happy Days

Laverne & Shirly

Sanford & Son

Love Boat

The Waltons - looking to get the the whole season set in DVD.

Three's Company

2 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

The Waltons - looking to get the the whole season set in DVD.

I don't know if you have seen it, but Judy Norton has a YouTube channel where she goes behind the scenes of the show, talks about her co-stars, etc. If you liked the show, it's a fun watch. She is a good storyteller.

2 hours ago, Rodent said:

I don't know if you have seen it, but Judy Norton has a YouTube channel where she goes behind the scenes of the show, talks about her co-stars, etc. If you liked the show, it's a fun watch. She is a good storyteller.

I’ll have to check it out. I remember my mom loved watching The Waltons on Thursday nights. Mom loved Richard Thomas character of John Boy.

The Deadliest Catch. I have watched since the 1st episode and have not missed one since.

Jake Anderson went from Greenhorn bait boy to the Captain and part owner of the Saga.

Great American story of what is possible if you really want it.

On 7/5/2021 at 9:59 PM, stinkybritches said:

I really like it too! It's based on "The Magician". An independent Australian movie. You can see it on Amazon Prime. The series is better, but you can see where it got it's beginnings in the film.

I Started watching some more Motor Trend TV car shows.Road Kill,cracks me up.Texas Metal.Iron Resurrection.Top Gear is a good show.Full Custom Garage,and Wheeler Dealers are pretty good shows too.Ian Roussel is a mechanical genius.Love watching him cut up his cars.🤩

I like Petticoat Junction and Green Acres. I enjoy the shows but it has a lot to do with the Cannonball. I like that train.

Spent last week watching the complete series of Twin Peaks that I have on DVD.

I'm looking for the complete DVD series of "the Wire". Good stuff.

I cut my cable when I moved here about a year ago. Internet only. About the only things I like on TV now is NHL hockey and NHRA drag racing.

When I had cable I'd watch (in no particular order)
Ice Road Truckers
Street Outlaws
Swamp People
River Monsters
Orange County Choppers
and a couple others I'd have to think more about to remember.

I did grow tired of the fake drama these shows thrive on.

There was a show on last year where they would catch the large snakes that have invaded the Everglades. I'd still watch it if I could. I like snakes in general and pythons in particular.

Two shows I liked but aren't on were Turtleman and another gator show out of Florida where they rescued and transplanted them (the name escapes me). I know they had to move from their location in Florida to another state and that is when I lost track of them. Don't know what happened to Turtleman.