Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Round2 Releases

Casey

4 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Glad to see the lightbars finally coming out and I can see a few ideas for the Escalade.

20220603_143955.png.5e8501392b93eff0995f14d23ad50f48.png

20220603_143931.png.39dfbfd9f223cb73a2b73188ffb124ff.png

Adding a roof to the back, I'd like to see someone convert one into a TRUE Escalade ESV.

Might have to be me.

Oh and so no one cries, here is the consumer warning that should be on the  Corvette box!

THE 62 CORVETTE IS ORIGINALLY FROM 1962 AND DOES NOT HAVE FULLY DETAILED WIPER MOTOR OR TURN SIGNALS!

rolling-eyes.gif.b91ae1b8df9d86b11edd1eafc0a16ee8.gif

I just wish they'd fix the headlights on the 62 corvette 

10 hours ago, iBorg said:

The race car hauler was out three or four years ago.....be nice if the funny car was included. As for the whole of the kit releases.....more money for Atlantis!

2017 as the Petty Hauler with the race car, but the version they're reissuing was released back in 2013 and long ago sold out.

38 minutes ago, '70 Grande said:

I believe the '62 Corvette kit has a one-piece chassis in it, correct? If so, what other 1/25 Corvette kit might be a good source for a more-detailed chassis with separate suspension pieces... any suggestions?

Just get a Revell '62 rather than swap parts.  The AMT kit is 1962 technology all the way, with some revisions a few years later.  Those who know that and buy (another) one accept it as it is.  Those who aren't so much into the historical aspect of things and simply want the more modern tooling will prefer the Revell kit.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 1:30 PM, Can-Con said:

Luc, I cringe every time I see you called those vans "Econoliner", it's just "Econoline". 😞

1970 Ford Econoline Custom 200 Van Junkyard Find

Hey, Luc is a Ferinner who speaks English better (both written and spoke in person) than some of the Americans and Canadians on this board! Give him a break!  😀

The reboxing of items like the race car hauler indicate that Round 2 thinks the market is ready to absorb a few thousand more of them.  "I can find an earlier issue kit at a show", some might say.  But there are those who don't know about or go to those shows, and the places where they buy kits don't have any of these on the shelves.  Remember, back when these kits were first issued, they'd be out continuously for a few years straight, with maybe a change in box art or two over the run.  So bringing it back relatively soon isn't a big deal.

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

The reboxing of items like the race car hauler indicate that Round 2 thinks the market is ready to absorb a few thousand more of them.  "I can find an earlier issue kit at a show", some might say.  But there are those who don't know about or go to those shows, and the places where they buy kits don't have any of these on the shelves.  Remember, back when these kits were first issued, they'd be out continuously for a few years straight, with maybe a change in box art or two over the run.  So bringing it back relatively soon isn't a big deal.

Folks here need to understand we are the movers and shakers in the hobby... some of us are more like Trekkies who wear their Starship Uniform out in public!  😀   

We are a small part of Round 2's market... I understand something less than 10%.  Those of us who attend shows, know every minute detail of every kit etc.  The "Mass Market" are casual builders whose entire involvement is in the Hobby Lobby aisle, or know where their local hobby shop is located.  I read once that the average stay in the hobby is 18 months.  That means R2 could turn over their entire catalog every two years and they'd all be new kits to that current group of buyers.

30 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Hey, Luc is a Ferinner who speaks English better (both written and spoke in person) than some of the Americans and Canadians on this board! Give him a break!  😀

Luc's English is way better than my Flemish.

I only know the "good words" in Polish.  Pierogi, golumbki, and so on...

...and I know only enough French to get slapped by women...

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Seriously Tom, You don't think after all these years being on this site and Spotlight, I know Luc is Belgian and is able to speak quite well in english, and I'd suspect a couple other foreign languages. If you were standing right in front of me and called them that I'd correct you too. 

55 minutes ago, Mark said:

Just get a Revell '62 rather than swap parts.  The AMT kit is 1962 technology all the way, with some revisions a few years later.  Those who know that and buy (another) one accept it as it is.  Those who aren't so much into the historical aspect of things and simply want the more modern tooling will prefer the Revell kit.

X2.

Others have mentioned the too-small headlights.  Be aware that there are all sorts of other proportional problems to the AMT body.  They usually got the bodies "right" back in the day, but this one is proof that they didn't hit home runs every time.

If you want to build factory stock, there's no reason to buy the AMT (if you want it to actually look like a 1962 Corvette).  If I wanted to build the custom/race versions as depicted on the AMT box, I would still buy a Revell and then adapt the AMT parts to that.

Edited by Robberbaron

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Luc's English is way better than my Flemish.

I only know the "good words" in Polish.  Pierogi, golumbki, and so on...

...and I know only enough French to get slapped by women...

2 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Seriously Tom, You don't think after all these years being on this site and Spotlight, I know Luc is Belgian and is able to speak quite well in english, and I'd suspect a couple other foreign languages. If you were standing right in front of me and called them that I'd correct you too. 

Hey guys,

Thanks for the support, but I know Steve meant well by correcting something, which I apparently have miswritten for ages

In the written language it's harder to express a certain sentiment or feeling, than talking face to face.

Man.... I can't wait till the day comes, that I can make it States side again to meet old and new friends too.

About my language skills, I speak, read and write Flemish,(with an Antwerp accent) which is Dutch with some differences, verbally I also can make my point go across in German and French, reading German is no problem French takes a while, tho writing in both those aforementioned languages is a no no ;)

Cheers

Luc

Edited by Luc Janssens
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark said:

The thing I didn't like about the Revell '62 was that it came with no top. Then, later, they issued it with a top as a gasser. I didn't buy either one. But, if the first version had came with a top, I would have bought it.

2 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

Hey guys,

Thanks for the support, but I know Steve meant well by correcting something, which I apparently have miswritten for ages

In the written language it's harder to express a certain sentiment or feeling, than talking face to face.

Man.... I can't wait till the day comes, that I can make it States side again to meet old and new friends too.

About my language skills, I speak, read and write Flemish,(with an Antwerp accent) which is Dutch with some differences, verbally I also can make my point go across in German and French, reading German is no problem French takes a while, tho writing in both those aforementioned languages is a no no ;)

Cheers

Luc

Thank you you for taking it in the manner it was meant Luc. No ill intent was meant, simply a correction, nothing more, nothing less. 

• Like 1

Didn't the original issue of the '62 Vette have correct headlights? 

Anyway, I have a Revell one so I'll be building that first. 

BUT, , IF, AMT includes this liscence plate, maybe I could snag a set from someone., ,  As a favor. 😈

Tom Ellis Fans 😈💜 on Twitter: "#TomEllis #MagicCon #Bonn #Germany  Meanwhile in #LA... . #Chevrolet #Corvette #1962 #LilGem #FALL1N1 #Lucifer  #LuciferOnFox #RenewLucifer 📷 #setlife101 & #dgarcia  https://t.co/tOT23nq6jb" / Twitter

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Thank you you for taking it in the manner it was meant Luc. No ill intent was meant, simply a correction, nothing more, nothing less. 

And I was just kidding for Gods sake!  I know we all know each other a long time.. and many of us have met in person.  I’ve met both Luc and Steve..