Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

LOTUS EUROPA SPECIAL

doubleyoung2003

Great build and a well done video Lin! I too recently picked up this re-release and am looking forward to starting on it. Your techniques will be very useful, especially your solution to lowering the ride height. Even the addition of bolts on the license plate is a simple procedure, it is so often overlooked, yet adds to the realism of vehicle. 
Than you for sharing, Misha

10 hours ago, Intmd8r said:

I'm a sucker for black and gold livery - very nicely executed

9 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Beautiful build.  Thank you for sharing it. 

8 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Nothing quite like a black with gold trim livery. Perfect for a Lotus and yours is.  Very cool. 

8 hours ago, cobraman said:

Looks fantastic !

8 hours ago, stinkybritches said:

I'm seriously starting to believe that some of you guys are posting pictures of actual full size cars. 

This looks amazing.

8 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Awesome!

6 hours ago, Hi-Po said:

Simply beautiful!  Great paint and detailing.

6 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

Exceptional !

5 hours ago, Earl Marischal said:

Superb work. As Bill said, it could be images of a real car.

steve

5 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Lotus and black/gold combo  are a natural. I agree with the others, your paint job is excellent, and the trim is , well, perfect. The photography is first rate.

keep it up

5 hours ago, Roger U said:

Another awesome  model. Beautiful paint and detail, thanks for posting.this and the video.

2 hours ago, Zippi said:

That looks really nice.  Great detail work.  Video was very well layed out for all the nice work.  

THANK YOU MY FRIENDS!!!😄

• Like 1

8 hours ago, radiohd10 said:

been watching your builds on youtube for a few months now, and each one is exceptional.  good stuff. 

5 hours ago, Roger U said:

Another awesome  model. Beautiful paint and detail, thanks for posting.this and the video.

Thank you for watching my video!!your supporting is the biggest motivation for me to carry on!!!😄

5 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Looks great. 

I picked up one recently and plan to do it in dark green.

How were those gold pinstrip decals to apply? They look kind of tricky.

HI,I think the biggest challenge of this kit is decal..it takes time and patience..you can check my building video...about 13:00, it reveal how I apply it.. hope it works for you..🙂

4 hours ago, Misha said:

Great build and a well done video Lin! I too recently picked up this re-release and am looking forward to starting on it. Your techniques will be very useful, especially your solution to lowering the ride height. Even the addition of bolts on the license plate is a simple procedure, it is so often overlooked, yet adds to the realism of vehicle. 
Than you for sharing, Misha

hi,this kit is aged..but Tamiya made it very well,enjoy it and have fun!!😄

Exceptional build. Excellent detailing and a very high degree of realism. One of the best I've seen in that regard. Excellent photography as well. Your build video has been mentioned and linked on a Lotus Europa owners forum (which is where I first seen it), and it got high praise there also.

I have this same kit on the bench right now. It is an extremely well done kit, and Tamiya captured the subtle details of the Europa perfectly. The only flaw with the kit is the slightly oversized wheels and tires, which it is a flaw that is very difficult to correct. Otherwise, the kit is exceptional.

May I ask where you got the windscreen wiper?

• Thanks 1