Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '67 Corvette Coupe

Casey

I have a coupe and roadster down in the stash.  I can check, but the coupe has the single 4BBL BBC whilst the Roadster 3 2BBl BBC.  The Coupe has Rally Wheels and Roadster the "finned" wheels.  Also, the roadster has the side exhausts, and I don't believe the coupe does.  Here is a Roadster I built years back when they first came out.

DSC_0048.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Exotics_Builder said:

I have a coupe and roadster down in the stash.  I can check, but the coupe has the single 4BBL BBC whilst the Roadster 3 2BBl BBC.  The Coupe has Rally Wheels and Roadster the "finned" wheels.  Also, the roadster has the side exhausts, and I don't believe the coupe does.  Here is a Roadster I built years back when they first came out.

DSC_0048.JPG

Very, VERY nice! B)

Here's mine. As I said, I had a lot of time in reshaping the whole front end. 

REV67Vette117.jpg.af333e664afe1e45d54dc11e37598c6c.jpg

REV67Vette119.jpg.0a22df15307247fea3b752078bb1c1c6.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Dr Crapologist said:

I coulda sworn I bought both of these when they first came out but they're not in the Revell crate. Anybody remember these being issued in Promodeler boxings with photoetch? Can't get to my Monogram crate at the moment but that's what the brain cells are indicating.

Tanks

Doc

67 - Not that I can remember.  Only 58. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr Crapologist said:

I coulda sworn I bought both of these when they first came out but they're not in the Revell crate. Anybody remember these being issued in Promodeler boxings with photoetch? Can't get to my Monogram crate at the moment but that's what the brain cells are indicating.

Tanks

Doc

The only Revell-Monogram '67 I can remember coming with photoetch was the 1:43 scale roadster in the Ultimates series.

1 hour ago, 64Comet404 said:

The only Revell-Monogram '67 I can remember coming with photoetch was the 1:43 scale roadster in the Ultimates series.

The 1:43 was under the Monogram brand....that's the only Revell or monogram '67 Corvette kit that was packed with photo etch.

Big BOO and a hiss for the return of those TRX tires.  That vinyl tree has business in the RX-7, the original late-'70s FOX Mustangs, and almost nothing else.

Most particularly when Revell-Monogram tooled a set of bias-plies to replace them on vintage subjects more than 30 years ago.

It's almost as bad a gaffe as the use of the F-car Gatorbacks in the 1/16 Porsche 928 was a stroke of brilliance.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Big BOO and a hiss for the return of those TRX tires.  That vinyl tree has business in the RX-7, the original late-'70s FOX Mustangs, and almost nothing else.

Most particularly when Revell-Monogram tooled a set of bias-plies to replace them on vintage subjects more than 30 years ago.

Not the TRX Tires! Why, Oh Why do they keep using those wretched things on Muscle Car kits?

Shame on you, Revell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I mean, the Michelins just barely queef by on the 6-series BMW too, I guess.  But on ANYTHING '60s and Detroit?  NUH-UH.

Those square-shouldered ex P%$ygl@$ tires - first seen on the '91-issue Baldwin-Motion '69 Camaro - might not be dead-on for mid-year 'Vettes. But they are vastly more appropriate, from newer tooling, and aren't they still available?

1 minute ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

I mean, the Michelins just barely queef by on the 6-series BMW too, I guess.  But on ANYTHING '60s and Detroit?  NUH-UH.

Those square-shouldered ex P%$ygl@$ tires - first seen on the '91-issue Baldwin-Motion '69 Camaro - might not be dead-on for mid-year 'Vettes. But they are vastly more appropriate, from newer tooling, and aren't they still available?

Yes it was a dark day. The time R-M had to grind the tire molds to avoid paying insane royalties. And to think a few years prior visiting the Morton Grove plant, seeing buckets of branded tires near the packaging line.....sigh.

Heh.  That's just exactly why I censor that tire manufacturer's brand and models every time I make a grudging reference to them. 

In addition to the implied joke about them hitting me with a fee for using their sacred trademark in vain, I figure I'll just spare them any inadvertent promotion too, however minuscule.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis
clarity
  • Like 2

the firestone/bfgoodrich style  in the correct 7.75-15 size   or 26.25”diameter 7.75” width it really shouldn’t be that hard for the correct-ish style to be in the box from R-M       the goodyear  power cushion 7.75-15 from that time didn’t have the “pie crust”   sidewall just rolled smoothly into the tread 

0682548F-7470-4B77-8DCB-D94E4BE65C41.jpeg

• Like 1

Here's mine.  Painted the factory correct 1967 Corvette color code 976 Marina Blue Metallic.  Only mod was the aftermarket redlines, which in retrospect appear too tall for the correct factory appearance that year, and the radio interference resistance ignition wires.    I recall this being a very well-done kit with no real assembly issues.  I believe it appeared as a how-to in the other (no longer publlshed) model car magazine, sometime in the 00's.  TB

DSC 0288

DSC 0287

DSC 0289

DSC 0290

DSC 0291

DSC 0283

DSC 0277

DSC 0286

Edited by tim boyd
  • Like 3

On 4/14/2023 at 3:59 PM, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Heh.  That's just exactly why I censor that tire manufacturer's brand and models every time I make a grudging reference to them. 

In addition to the implied joke about them hitting me with a fee for using their sacred trademark in vain, I figure I'll just spare them any inadvertent promotion too, however minuscule.

Any of that brand of tire that I have ever had in 1:1 have been substandard, to say the least. I have refused to buy this brand for any of my cars for years, because of all of the quality issues I have seen with them. Any other brand that I have had have been much better. I even cringe a little at putting them on my models. I almost expect them to have flats when I leave them on the shelf for awhile. 

• Haha 3

I like the box-art. Nice painting of the St. Louis skyline.

As much of a mess as St. Louis is said to be these days, I'd still like to visit sometime for good BBQ and see if I can find a good blues show somewhere.

May grab one of these.

Charlie Larkin

• 4 weeks later...