Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

No more glue?

19 feet? Interesting.

Testors is still in business, but they're owned by Rustoleum now and have dropped a lot of product lines.

https://www.testors.com/pages/about-testors/our-history/

What kind of glue are you looking for?

If you want liquid, there are alternatives that are chemically the same.

Can't help you if it's tube gloo you're after.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

1 hour ago, johnfin said:

Guy at hobby store told me that testors went out of business in 19' and the glue is no longer available. Is this true?

I've seen tons of that glue at hobby lobby and hobby town in a little brown box.  Honestly man he probably lied to you so you would get better glue lol.  Cement glue you have Tamiya along with others but Tamiya extra thin & extra thin quick setting is the best.  CA you got zap, BSI, tons of other great ones, along with any insta set you're golden.  

Edited by Dpate

IO have been using Model Master Liquid Cement for many years as my main go to. I was recently in need of a new supply and decided to try thew new Revell products. Their Contacta Professional is very similar to the Model Master I had been using but the applicator seems to work better for me. Their Contacta Clear also works well.  I mention these as an alternative to be considered if you are unable to find the glue you are looking for. 

On 2/1/2022 at 8:58 PM, 1972coronet said:

If it's orange-label glue you seek, get a bottle of Tamiya. Much, much better product anyhow. I recommend their ''Thin'' glue as well (green-label bottle) .

Don't use the Tamiya  thin glue to attach painted surfaces. That stuff will seep out of the joint and ruin the finish( guess how I know). I'd use it only to do basic  assembly. Their thicker glue ( orange cap) works great for  anything.

Edited by ZTony8

I still use Testors orange tube glue and always will. I use Loctite and I have some Tamia orange. But I keeep my Testors orange tube glue  stocked up. Hobby Lobby had it when I was there but you can always buy it from Burbank house of hobbies or Omni hobbies has great shipping rates..

Edited by slusher

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I bought my last tube of Testor glue in the mid '70s, just in case I ever found need of it. I still have it somewhere. Haven't needed it yet. :lol:

I was going to say the same thing! I can't even remember the last tube. Once I discovered liquid cement, and Krazy Glue,  I was through with the tube.