Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT 1966 Mustang GT -- Original Annual & Modified Reissue

Casey

Anything new (like an ETA) on this?  I've been working on an original and I am wondering (hoping) that the new one will have good GT stripes and other decals, along with dual redlines as on original GTs.  I also want to use those really good looking headlights and gas cap to finish my build.

On 1/15/2023 at 7:39 PM, VRM said:

Anything new (like an ETA) on this?  I've been working on an original and I am wondering (hoping) that the new one will have good GT stripes and other decals, along with dual redlines as on original GTs.  I also want to use those really good looking headlights and gas cap to finish my build.

Next month (February), according to ‘SteveG’. They’re apparently on a ship right now…

One hobby supplier says mid-March.

Edited by blizzy63

• 1 month later...

Got mine today. I added pics of the new parts. Looks very nice- 10 total tires including double red-lines and what look to be new hollow Goodyear slicks, 4 sets of wheels including 4 Kelsey-Hayes, 4 Torq Thrust style 5 spokes and the 2 sets from the hardtop kit, clear headlight lenses and chrome buckets, and an extensive decal sheet. 

791481F9-9480-4AA6-84DC-D640C239FD53.jpeg

DC74DDFC-6ED9-43F7-B1EB-F5E452BA7E82.jpeg

4C83C51C-4C3F-4C13-A150-24C5C4DC5FE2.jpeg

FC133913-8C69-4FE8-896B-9F05F64C3908.jpeg

B4257561-2992-477D-AFF8-A4A77C7E983A.jpeg

0ED5CD9C-5957-4F6A-89CB-FCD8D1974E00.jpeg

F2EBE185-E1F5-471E-AFFF-CF9AE7592955.jpeg

E6351E0D-4AC5-4500-9F12-77F9F35DA00E.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

Hopefully this Saturday (11. Mar. 2023), but I doubt it (Model Roundup usually posts thumbnails from @hpiguy's builds, even before he shares them on his YouTube channel). 

I have noticed that. A quik'n'dirty way to see what he has built before he posts.

• Like 1

I'm very stoked about this. Even though I bought and restored six or eight of them from eBay in the last few years, the new wheels and tires and decals alone are almost worth the price of admission to me. 

Interesting how they handled the roof vents--separate piece. Pretty obvious that a '66 GT350 and/or GT350H will be coming eventually. B)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I'm very stoked about this. Even though I bought and restored six or eight of them from eBay in the last few years, the new wheels and tires and decals alone are almost worth the price of admission to me. 

Interesting how they handled the roof vents--separate piece. Pretty obvious that a '66 GT350 and/or GT350H will be coming eventually. B)

That was my thought also...... 

1 hour ago, Sledsel said:

That was my thought also...... 

If there is a Shelby version they need to come up with a good set of headers.  It just does not look right with the tired old 260/289 engine that has not changed in 60 years.  A Shelby oil pan would be cool too.

41 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

If there is a Shelby version they need to come up with a good set of headers.  It just does not look right with the tired old 260/289 engine that has not changed in 60 years.  A Shelby oil pan would be cool too.

If your talking new underhood parts, I'd say a proper set of inner fenders with shock towers would be first priority.

That would be a nice addition , not only to this kit but their '69 Mustang and cougar kits too.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Can-Con said:

If your talking new underhood parts, I'd say a proper set of inner fenders with shock towers would be first priority.

That would be a nice addition , not only to this kit but their '69 Mustang and cougar kits too.

I pretty much assumed that will never happen (a new chassis) but I remember in the 1980’s trying to do a 65 Shelby GT350 version with the AMT coupe kit and a resin “roof” and a vacuum formed interior, but the stock 289 exhaust manifolds just did not cut it.  At least I was not stuck with the promo based molded in single exhaust and I scratch built the side exhaust.

On 3/10/2023 at 7:01 PM, Can-Con said:

I had suggested to Round2 that adding shock tower pieces that could be added at builders discretion just by removing the chassis tub inner fenders would be great addition to existing kits.                                                                              Upgrading suspensions on existing kits would be welcomed also.

Edited by Sledsel

On 4/17/2022 at 6:13 AM, Luc Janssens said:

Bob,

Mark, Mike, Steve and Keyzer are right on the money, surveys on boards like these don't work, tho our input can be very useful on other domains, our enthusiasm, knowledge (subject or history wise) can contribute/aid manufacturers perfecting their kits, more options, accuracy etc.... 

IMHO, companies would do much better by having a unique QR code on the instruction sheet inside each copy of their kits, in return with that code the end-user with a smart-phone can connect to an online questionnaire, which can generate the following data:

- What product did you buy (kit number)

- Where did you buy the product (learning where what is sold where, not only type of outlet, but also geographically)

- Age and gender of the customer (coupling certain specific subject matter to age and gender)

- Up to five of his or hers wish models, all new, or chosen from a (provided) list from ones back-catalog (the more subject is listed the more chance that there is common dominator)

Also I think the Unique QR coupled/linked to the kit number protects against fraudulent input by groups or so.

What’s in it for the modelers, maybe sort of a raffle where one can win a kit or kits when the questionnaire is filled in and sent.

But again setting up the framework and analysing all the gathered data cost money, so the big question is, if the return will be high enough to offset the cost, also it won't include data from customers who bought a kit as a gift* to someone.

Cheers

Edit: * one can always ad the question, was the kit purchased by you, or wife, G/F, parrents, Grandparrents, others (please specify)

Luc

Ps: input always welcomed!

This is a brilliant idea for doing market research. I would also provide some kind of website code for people who don't have smart-phones. There are quite a few still, and even a few people that still don't own a mobile phone of any kind.

Charlie Larkin