Model Cars Magazine Forum

On 3/22/2022 at 6:39 AM, Plowboy said:

Nice looking base Chevy Terry! I plan on doing the same thing with the 454 SS to build a phantom. Did you use the long bed frame? 

Frame is a combination of a Modelhaus front (to make a more detailed Extended Cab chassis) and the rear from a 454SS.

On 3/19/2022 at 5:25 PM, iamsuperdan said:

Where did you get the WT-spec grille?

I found one source, can't remember who. Doesn't look as good as yours does.

It comes with the Chevy 3500 HD cab from Motor City Resin Casters. Be aware that Jeff is a one-man operation swamped to the gills and does take some time to get product out. But product is excellent.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Terry Jessee said:

It comes with the Chevy 3500 HD cab from Motor City Resin Casters. Be aware that Jeff is a one-man operation swamped to the gills and does take some time to get product out. But product is excellent.

That's him! That's where I got mine from. He was able to cast and send me a couple. The crispness of the casting is excellent for sure, but when unpainted, some of the details seem off. They look great on your build though, so maybe I just need to get some paint on them.

• 3 months later...

I remember reading about this truck in an issue of SAE. When I was able to, I ordered that same grille from Uptown Automotive. I had a ‘98 Chevy C2500, with the 8-Lug wheels, and want to build a model of how I wanted to get that truck all fixed up the way I wanted it.