Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chopped MPC Switchers '32 Tudor

alan barton

I have been on a real mission lately to finish some of my ancient UFOs. ( Un Finished Objects) When I built the new release of the Switchers 32 Sedan Delivery that I posted earlier this week, I came across my old Tudor from the original mid seventies kit. With the sedan delivery finished I thought I would have a crack at finishing the Tudor, nearly fifty years later.

It was my first ever effort at chopping a top.  I decided that the re-alignment would be close enough that I wouldn't have to stretch the roof - instead I would do a stagger cut on the A pillars and blend it all together. And that was as far as I got with the bodywork.

I had brush painted the fenders in Humbrol Dark Blue.  As the kit does not come with a fuel tank, I chose to bob the rear fenders carefully and touched up the original paint - it polished up like glass!  Most of the chassis was already assembled, if not as cleanly as I would have liked but hey, I was fifteen! 

I added a Moon tank to the front.  The typical seventies white letter tyres came from the Coca Cola Sedan delivery kit.  The funky MPC headlight bar and lights were replaced with much nicer AMT items. and a pair of 48 Chev taillights from the Revell 29 roadster kit were added to the rear The final colour for the body is Tamiya Pearl Blue with Tamiya Clear.

The Switchers Deuce is not the prettiest rendition in our modelling world, but I am pleased with the finished model.  It has come out with a bit of a San Diego Prowlers look in my eye.  It sure is good to have it on the shelf at last.

Cheers

Alan

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

DHGE2852.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

012.JPG

029.JPG

021.JPG

• Like 3