Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

3 For '22

Straightliner59

That's horrible, if you're a QB or a basketball player. However, that equates to a helluva good year, for me!

I finished a Monogram Don Edmunds Supermodified. That was a project that had been sitting for quite a few years--around 20. I scratchbuilt a "homebuilt" injection setup for the small block Chevy. The car is meant to represent a speedway Supermod from the mid-'70s. The hood, firewall, wing, seat and dash are all aluminum. Wheels are scratchbuilt from castings. 

In January, I built the '63 Chevy II from a re-released AMT Craftsman kit. I painted it like my first car was, except mine was a four-door, but not a wagon. I need to take some better glamour shots of this one.

Finally, the Super Gas Vega was built from an MPC Promo model. I just felt like I needed a Vega, since I love those H-Bodies! I built a roll cage, and lined the interior with tooling aluminum. The Lenco shifters are all scratchbuilt. I printed the graphics on an inkjet printer, and laid them over Mulsanne Blue paint.

Questions, and comments are always welcomed. Thanks for looking!

DSC_0014lg.jpg

DSC_0048crlg.jpg

DSC_0054crlg.jpg

DSC_0063lg.jpg

DSC_0012cr.jpg

DSC_0018cr.jpg

DSC_0023cr.jpg

DSC_0008cr.jpg

DSC_0011cr.jpg

DSC_0018cr.jpg

DSC_0034cr.jpg

DSC_0057cr.jpg

• Like 10

7 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Great builds!

7 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Very nice trio!

6 hours ago, Zippi said:

Nice looking builds.  

Thank you, gentlemen! Glad you like them!

6 hours ago, Joe Nunes said:

Good looking models!  I especially like the Vega. 👍

Joe

5 hours ago, bbowser said:

Three great cars!  I love the Vega.

Thanks, guys. I'm glad to have a completed Vega in the display case, after all these years!

6 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Those all look fantastic! Great group of builds. Good thing we build models rather than play sports. Lol.

Later-

Thanks, Tom. I would say that is a good thing!

58 minutes ago, spencer1984 said:

All three look great, nicely done!

Thanks, Bill. I appreciate it!

59 minutes ago, Bills72sj said:

Very nice builds. I see you have poseable front wheels. Fixed or moving? If moving, How?

Thank you, Bill! The two door cars are fixed into position. The Supermod is poseable. I build straight axles, based on photos of whatever I am trying to duplicate. They're very straightforward. I use HO scale handrail stanchions for the moving (heim) joints. Doll house nails usually serve as the kingpins, and styrene channel or square/rectangular tube for the knuckles.

18 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

All three of these are truly great builds but my personal favorite is that Vega. Just beautifully done!! 

Thank you, Joe! I really appreciate that!

8 hours ago, TooOld said:

Your work is always top notch and you didn't disappoint with these three , excellent work !

Thank you for your kind words, Bob. I'll try to keep stuff coming!

7 hours ago, cobraman said:

Outstanding work !

Thanks, Ray!