Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford 40 fordor sedan.

happy grumpy

Not a 100% conversion but from the exterior, it’s convincing enough. From photos found on the web I did some cosmetic work to convert the AMT kit to a four-door sedan. From what I saw from the pictures, there seems to be very little difference between the 2 and four doors from the profile of the car so I just sanded the door lines and re-scribed new ones and moved the B pillar and added a C pillar. The last 3 photos show the 40 with a 32 Vicky. The last picture was taken in a “barn find” mood setting.

Thanks for looking.

ford 39 4door 01.jpg

ford 39 4door 02.jpg

ford 39 4door 03.jpg

ford 32 40 02.jpg

ford 32 40 03.jpg

ford 32 40 01.jpg

• Like 7

Impressive work on your Forty Fordor conversion – looks straight from the factory.  Great job!

I’ve had the same transformation on my workbench for several years.  After seeing yours I’m feeling motivated to continue the build in the hope of getting mine to turn out half as nice.  369247670_FordorWIP2020.jpg.47993d01f31c040c304a966e6813fcf8.jpg

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Slotto said:

Very nice. Your diorama really adds to your builds

Thanks Steve, I like to put my models in context, they take some time to build though being almost a hobby on their own but I enjoy doing it. Currently working on a European theme background .