Model Cars Magazine Forum

GSL Contest in Salt Lake City -- Who's going?

Model Cars Magazine is going to the final GSL contest in Salt Lake City. Gregg, myself, and a lot of the magazine staff will be there. We're going to be there taking pictures, talking to people, and generally enjoying the show. We'll also have a Friday evening hospitality suite. If you are there, please stop by and say hello. We don't get to see you all nearly often enough in real life. 

Who else is coming, and what are you bringing? 

• Like 1

Haven't missed a single GSL since 1990, not missing this one either. Thought with the postponements from the virus situation that I would have several completed projects to bring, but real life intervened with other non-hobby obligations, so the most I'll have is my Common Kit entry and maybe one older build for display.

Indeed, I also hear from Tim K. that much of the MCM team will be at the GSL 23 event.  Great opportunity for us Forum participants and the magazine's brain trust to chat with each other, and nothing but good will come out of this for the future of the hobby.  TB 

4 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Indeed, I also hear from Tim K. that much of the MCM team will be at the GSL 23 event.  Great opportunity for us Forum participants and the magazine's brain trust to chat with each other, and nothing but good will come out of this for the future of the hobby.  TB 

Yes, all but one of the editorial team will be there. I, for one, will be in idea collection mode. 

I will be there. 

Been years since I've been to GSL, but I cannot miss this one.

I will be bringing three very special things.

Save some money for the fund-raising auction -  -  - the museum can use your moola.

See everybody there!  

• Like 1

After looking at that post of mine, I remembered that the last time I attended GSL, I brought 'three very special things' that time, too.

That's when I brought the Bob Peeples Cobras to SLC for installation in the museum!  

Deja vu all over again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will be looking forward to reports from GSL in a week's time. I will not be there for the last round as I could not justify the expense but I am sure glad that I did attend four or maybe five GSL's starting in 1997. All were incredibly memorable events where I meant many lasting friends. 

I'll be there for the finale.  I was involved back in the early days and it will be fun visiting old friends and acquaintances.  I expect it will be like my 50th high school reunion  - who invited all these old people? 

Wow, I've been building model cars for 65 years!

• Like 3

I'll be there. This will be my first - and last - GSL and I chose a small assortment of my models that I consider my best work to ,bring with me. But mainly it's one of the few chances I'll ever have to meet up with the folks I've made friends with here on the forums over the years. See you all tomorrow!

• Like 3