Model Cars Magazine Forum

Saturday Morning (4-22-23 UPDATE!!!!) NNL East new model car kit news? Please post updates here....

tim boyd

The model gods continue to deliver. So many kits and subjects coming back to life after squillions of years.

Could not be happier; the model car hobby truly is in a new golden age. A perfect blend of tech, enthusiasm, reverence, and market timing.

Godspeed.

15 minutes ago, RDean58 said:

I can wait for those 1967 Galaxie kits until next year. I have two I'm building now. That 63 with the camper is cool and I could see one of those Demons making its way to my collection. The 60 Pickup is on my "buy" list along with the much delayed (to me) 71 Muskrat.

Where can we read the news about the 67 Galaxie release?

My. Word. After what feels like an eternity , the 1971 Demon 340 is back, and in ostensibly MUCH nicer configuration ! I recognise not only a correct brake master cylinder (vs. the complete absence of any on the 1971-1976 MPC A-bodies... not even that crummy 1966 & earlier m/c), but also what appears to be a Torqueflite (the bellhousing resembles that of a T-flite) ! As an added bonus, the offset front wheelbase is now remedied ! 

Then there's the F-100s ! WOW !!! TWO of them !!! To quote @tim boydfrom a 1987 issue of S.A.E. : "My cup runneth over !" The trailer alone is worth the price of admission ! then there's the camper atop the bed of the Unibody '100 !!! 

The Revell offerings look like lightening in a bottle ! The '70 Cobra !! NICE !! And that 1971 BOSS 351 !! 

2023 et 2024 look so promising !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RDean58 said:

I can wait for those 1967 Galaxie kits until next year. I have two I'm building now. That 63 with the camper is cool and I could see one of those Demons making its way to my collection. The 60 Pickup is on my "buy" list along with the much delayed (to me) 71 Muskrat.

I just learned about the ‘63 Ford Pickup today.

Who has confirmed the reissue of the ‘67 Galaxie?

Thanks James, Tim, and all the rest.  Looks like it's going to be a good year.  Round 2 is doing a great job with their philosophy on reissues of old favorites.  The Ford pickups even have new separate bumpers and grille in place of the old one-piece units.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phirewriter said:

I know it's more cost effective to reissue the Poison Pinto in it's current state but if Atlantis modified it back to it's original form (wheels, full length side pipes, hood scoop, etc...) I'd be all in for a few. 

I'll pass on the current version, if they put back to the original version I'll be in for a few

9 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Meanwhile, it looks like we'll still have to wait for Atlantis to bring the '62 Revell Mopar annuals back from their "lost continent". <_<

Do we know that Atlantis even has the '62 MOPAR Tooling?

I know Peter is pretty close mouthed about what he has. 

• Like 1