Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Future of Revell...for 2024 at least.

niteowl7710

23 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

’70 Shelby Mustang GT500 should have a chin spoiler and two stripes up the hood !

Yes, so it's most likely the old 69 if they haven't done the spoiler and the black stripe decals for the hood...the 69 and 70 are essentially the same except for these things.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

If the Revuelto is up to the same standard as the new tool Corvette, I can definitely see one of those in my future…

best,

M.

Hope so.  Looks like only the C8 coupe is in their release plan for 2024 at this time.  They did show a convertible test shot as well (can't remember what event)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Hope so.  Looks like only the C8 coupe is in their release plan for 2024 at this time.  They did show a convertible test shot as well (can't remember what event)

Perhaps the releases in the link I posted are the ones that will appear in a Revell Germany box and the convertible only in the US box. Guess we have to wait and see. Other US releases like the Jeep are not mentioned for example.

Edited by dbostream
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, dbostream said:

Some more news from Revell Germany: https://ipmsdeutschland.de/wordpress/2024/01/01/revell-neuheiten-2024-model-kits-2/

The only new tool I wasn't aware of is the Lamborghini Revuelto.

I am happy the '69 Camaro 1/12 is reissued again I missed it the last time.

Any idea what kit the ’70 Shelby Mustang GT500 is a reissue of? I can only see the '69 on Scalemates. Or are they the same?

I couldn’t quite tell, how do you know it’s the 1/12 kit? If it is, hopefully they bring back the Goodyear Eagle tires!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jordan White said:

I couldn’t quite tell, how do you know it’s the 1/12 kit? If it is, hopefully they bring back the Goodyear Eagle tires!

Towards the bottom of the page is the PDF listing for all the kits that has all the info listed

Screenshot2024-01-01at17-42-33REVELLNeuheiten2024ModelKits.png.5a0e8269ef5b410047dda74b9cecd4fc.png

Edited by martinfan5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dbostream said:

Perhaps the releases in the link I posted are the ones that will appear in a Revell Germany box and the convertible only in the US box. Guess we have to wait and see. Other US releases like the Jeep are not mentioned for example.

That would be correct, the annual January 1st listing is for RevellAG (or Revell Home Office at this point I suppose) kits.  They're getting their own Euro boxes of the Stranger Things licensing for example, while we'll never see - unless you have a really well stocked hobby shop or acquire the kits from Europe yourself - the majority of the Armor/Aircraft/Ship/Figure kits on the list.

Posted (edited)

In regard to the 1970 Shelby, if you translate the web site into English the listing for it mentions the chin spoiler and hood decals.  I'd like to think that means they'll spend the $2k or so it would cost to add the chin spoiler.

409630949_1042265663647938_2263244365425287671_n.png.33d071adc087802da9be7ffa33f32be8.png

Edited by niteowl7710
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Apparently the '70 GT-500s were just unsold '69s fitted with a chin spoiler and some new emissions equipment, so it's possible that it's the same kit.

On 1/1/2024 at 6:43 AM, Force said:

Yes, so it's most likely the old 69 if they haven't done the spoiler and the black stripe decals for the hood...the 69 and 70 are essentially the same except for these things.

Seeing as how the Revell Shelby and '69 Mustang kits share a lot of parts trees such as chassis and interior and that the last reissue of the Mustang, the Boss 302, had the chin spoiler included, I'd say it would be in any reissues of either kit going forward. They only need to include the strips on the decal sheet.

19 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Apparently the '70 GT-500s were just unsold '69s fitted with a chin spoiler and some new emissions equipment, so it's possible that it's the same kit.

Yes they were.
And it's most likey the same kit...maybe with a chin spoiler and a different decal sheet.

16 hours ago, Jordan White said:

Also looking for evidence that it is the 1/12 kit. Although, I don’t think we saw the 1/25 kit in z/28 trim that was also a 3  in 1 kit, unless I am forgetting a release. Great if it’s the big kit, but I am just wondering when we will see the big Corvette kit again. We’ve seen several iterations of the big Camaro since the last rerelease of the big Corvette. 

Also interested in what decal options we are going to get in the 79 Camaro kit. Hopefully they do what they did with the 85 Camaro kit, and put in nearly every decal color option.

On 10/13/2023 at 9:47 PM, Sledsel said:

I sure hope they fixed the body on the 57

I remember that the 70's and 80's 57 hoods had a strange indent about 1/2 way in... besides the other fixes, it'd be nice to have a hood that fit.

4 hours ago, Calb56 said:

I remember that the 70's and 80's 57 hoods had a strange indent about 1/2 way in... besides the other fixes, it'd be nice to have a hood that fit.

The Revell 57 Fords were not around back then.... maybe I crossed our lines up by not saying Ford. HAHAHA

I would love to see one of the major manufacturers step out in faith and issue any number of long overlooked subjects:

Kiaser, Studebaker, Packard, 1970'sand 80's Full size Ford's and others. Not every model year, but a representative of each styling change. For those of us who build or collect, these are glaring omissions. One kit with additional option parts often can spur the collector/ builder to purchase multiples of one SKU if their goal is to have a representative of each model year. Have you been on line to see the prices of printed kits, resins and vintage survivors?

Mobeous must have been successful with their line of Hudson's and F series Ford pick ups long and shamefully ignored by the industry.

So many are alleged to be "all NEW" releases and I have had the very kits in my collection for many years. 

I suppose many decision makers are intimidated by boards of directors who care only about the bottom line, and nothing about the industry,

but no one gets ahead by playing it safe. If that weren't the case, the world would never have seen a Mustang.

• 2 weeks later...