Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

2 hours ago, Beans said:

Gotta love that box art..wonder who those people are.  Probably somebody the artist knows.

The woman portrayed, has more than a striking resemblance to the late Dame Diana Rigg, from the 60's TV show, The Avengers. I'm not sure about the male driver in the illustration.

Sorry, I just refreshed and realized that I am way to late to the party!

Edited by Bill Eh?

48 minutes ago, Bill Eh? said:

The woman portrayed, has more than a striking resemblance to the late Dame Diana Rigg, from the 60's TV show, The Avengers. I'm not sure about the male driver in the illustration.

Sorry, I just refreshed and realized that I am way to late to the party!

But what about the dog?

7 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

No RHD option in it, so....

Picture of coupe tree. Both dashes are on bottom at far left and right. 
Everything on that tree looks shareable with coupe or roadster

5ADB2355-0852-4673-8B35-D12BEFECFB2C.jpeg

Edited by keyser
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, keyser said:

Yes, I checked my roadster kit, and it has both RHD and LHD parts.  I’ve had that kit for over a month, and hadn’t looked closely at the trees or instructions.  

2 hours ago, keyser said:

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

Yes, I checked my roadster kit, and it has both RHD and LHD parts.  I’ve had that kit for over a month, and hadn’t looked closely at the trees or instructions.  

Same here. I opened the kit and went through the instructions as well.  I stand corrected, as it does include LHD and RHD versions for the interior.  The instructions show how to do either.  The other interesting thing about it is that on both the RHD and LHD, the windshield wipers (on the real car) are mounted the same for all three wipers.  Most LHD/RHD vehicles require different wipers.  I assume the same for the coupe but don't have one.

BTW, the boy is molded in a dark green similar to the box art.

Edited by Exotics_Builder
  • Like 1

I’d posted in another thread about the wipers ages ago. They park opposite of drive, so one of the lhd/rhd configs is incorrect, I forget which. Probably easily enough a correction, move mount and trim blades off wiper arms. Ok, not easiest. But doable, and only a few care. 😎
No harm nor foul on the dashboards. Land Rover is similarly hard to find. 
Dk green or red plastic. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Fun to cover always. Cool kit. 

3 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Got these two 3D printed engines off of FB Marketplace. Delivered today. A blown 572 and a stock 572. Now I can get back to work on my 67 Nova Sedan. Going to try to fab up a twin turbo system for it.

Later-

20210807_194718.jpg

20210807_195006.jpg

20210421_142523.jpg

Very nice paint, Tom..

10 hours ago, ewetwo said:

As some of you know I have a Palmer Ford Falcon but it's missing parts. I might just have scored what I needed on this eBay win. Woo Hoo!s-l1600.jpg.f9701ce20227219574f252eec5ad489e.jpg In the lower left . The chrome sprue I think are what I needed. 

I sure hope you did  friend..

I took the plunge and ordered paint for a couple Mustangs in my backlog. About 2 hours after I placed the order, I remembered that I wanted Emberglow and GM Tripoli Turquoise too, but they will just have to wait.

Any tips or tricks with this stuff other than or in addition to what is printed on the bottle, I am all ears. I have an H3 Paasche and it never gets very humid here. It's 59% outside my front window right now

PXL_20210809_215235525.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...