Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I actually had a few bucks to spend on model kits for the first time in a long time this week, so I hit up Ollie's and Hobby Lobby. I almost skipped Ollie's because I was over 99% sure they wouldn't have anything, but the wife talked me into stopping in. Boy am I glad she did, I grabbed a couple of the Z06 Corvette's, Viper RT/10's, a '99 SVT Mustang and she wanted the Snap-Tite Jeep Rubicon, plus everything was 15% off! There was still quite a few of the Jeep's, Ford Raptor's, 2014 Corvette Stingray's, and 2018 Mustang GT's, all Snap-Tite's, still on the shelves. After her appointment she talked me into going to HL even though most of my "allowance" was now gone and I finally snagged the new Revell 1971 442 that I had wanted badly since it's release.

IMG_2880.JPEG

IMG_2881.JPEG

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Street Rod said:

These arrived yesterday.IMG_0107.thumb.jpeg.9c3ecf83d438231f70f1b8cc77677aff.jpeg

Nice score! I just grabbed another one of these along with an MPC 1/8 Trail 70 from Spotlight Hobbies. Crazy, but the Trail 70 is getting hard to find again at reasonable prices.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, redscampi said:

Nice score! I just grabbed another one of these along with an MPC 1/8 Trail 70 from Spotlight Hobbies. Crazy, but the Trail 70 is getting hard to find again at reasonable prices.

Saw a YouTube video build of this and got some ideas from it, so here I am, lol.  🤨

1 hour ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Had a little retail therapy last month before summer kicks in. The stash does not need to be added to, but here we are

IMG_5676.thumb.jpeg.289ba2ca65fa141f0be1402777416ff3.jpeg

IMG_5675.thumb.jpeg.7196d232b56aa343b746c6c327fa8837.jpeg

IMG_5686.thumb.jpeg.c964ef7f5bf715e66a6436cbbd3ccbc3.jpeg

Didn't know there was a kit of the V-max.  I used to want the real thing bad.   

Great score on all three of those. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Had a little retail therapy last month before summer kicks in. The stash does not need to be added to, but here we are

IMG_5686.thumb.jpeg.c964ef7f5bf715e66a6436cbbd3ccbc3.jpeg

Ooooh, that Yamaha is high on my want list! Also do NOT need to add any more to the stash but...

• Like 1

These are $9 on Amazon right now ($5 shipping), so I grabbed a couple:

IMG_0761.jpeg.bd2c45ca5bb09d27a7b8af5f13567823.jpeg

And I didn’t really need any more of these, but they were $12.99 with Prime (now back up to the more sensible $22.99):

IMG_0762.jpeg.cf2f363e31052b538ee226ea9e770388.jpeg

I see deals like this on Amazon fairly often - would people be interested in a thread highlighting super-cheap Amazon deals on kits?  

@iamsuperdan, @Xingu @Dave Ambrose and the other mods…would a thread like that be allowed?  I have no commercial interest in any of these deals…just would like to share, if allowed, with fellow builders…

Edited by CabDriver
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 4:39 PM, KWT said:

Mail call.... I really need to stay off the computer...

image000000.jpg.c4635107aee79a7b5709e252d2ba4be4.jpg

I always liked the looks of that Jaguar..

1 hour ago, 1930fordpickup said:

I picked that lot up locally. The blue car has Merit on the bottom, green plastic. All 4 wheels and the missing headlight are there. Missing a knock off though. 

You got some nice stuff in your box and a nice looking Ford stake bed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slusher said:

I always liked the looks of that Jaguar..

You got some nice stuff in your box and a nice looking Ford stake bed!

That was the kit pictured in the add. I noticed the tire melt was Bad on the truck, but noting that can't be overcame from the parts box. 

Mail Call...

image000000.jpg.7facf04ff54103c9f2deb113459890db.jpg

So the last time I got this firebird, the plastic was so brittle. I was really hoping it was just that kit.... oh no... I'm pretty sure if I shook this box up there wouldn't be anything buildable in it.

Bummed about it, I started working on the vette.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, CabDriver said:

I see deals like this on Amazon fairly often - would people be interested in a thread highlighting super-cheap Amazon deals on kits?  

@iamsuperdan, @Xingu @Dave Ambrose and the other mods…would a thread like that be allowed?  I have no commercial interest in any of these deals…just would like to share, if allowed, with fellow builders…

I don't have an issue with that. We have threads for eBay, Hobby Lobby, and I think Michaels. so why not Amazon too?

I say go for it.

• Like 2

These came in on Monday....the Mercedes came from Canada and the 3d parts are from Portugal ( ordered just over a month ago). Three sets of tires, a widebody kit for the Tamiya Mustang GT, and Ford GT.

Parts look nice, but second printer I've bought from that doesn't fully cure their parts. Out in the sun they go, or time to get a UV light.

IMG_20230703_200956695.jpg

IMG_20230704_102012872.jpg

• Like 1