Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

7 hours ago, slusher said:

Is that a mount-n-Goat?   How do the eye liner brushes hold up?

The back half is a Mount’N Goat kit, the front clip is a Wrangler. I haven’t tried the eye liner brushes yet Carl. but I think they will make nice disposable detail brushes.

2 hours ago, redscampi said:

Ok, you can’t just drop a bomb like that and not share details. Is this an available front end??

Hi Gary.🙂 This is a slightly involved kit bash that greatly improves the looks of the AMC Commando in my mind. More pics and a link to the build thread here:

Edited by NOBLNG

32 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

Hi Gary.🙂 This is a slightly involved kit bash that greatly improves the looks of the AMC Commando in my mind. More pics and a link to the build thread here:

That, my friend, is some very impressive work! I actually have that TJ kit that I got as a built up. Didn't know what to do with it until now... (I was going to use it to replicate my own 98 TJ but the roll bars weren't correct.)  I've since located a proper kit for my replication, so this one is an orphan now. On the other hand it might be fun to do this swap with a CJ...Daisy Duke will not recognize it when I'm done! :)

Here's my TJ:

PICT0013.JPG

Edited by redscampi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, redscampi said:

That, my friend, is some very impressive work! I actually have that TJ kit that I got as a built up. Didn't know what to do with it until now... (I was going to use it to replicate my own 98 TJ but the roll bars weren't correct.)  I've since located a proper kit for my replication, so this one is an orphan now. On the other hand it might be fun to do this swap with a CJ...Daisy Duke will not recognize it when I'm done! :)

Here's my TJ:

Nice looking Jeep!👍 It’s too bad Revell didn’t see fit to make the Wrangler a full detail kit.😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even though I've been home from ACME for over a week, I'm just getting around to posting this. My event visiting history is chronicled with t-shirts. I am not part of the YouTube model car community, however I met Rick Zinck in the parking lot of the host hotel, and he gave me his shop card and his "trademark" skeleton. I was really excited to see SPLASH Paints listed as a vendor. I picked up his line up of AMT 2021 Bronco colours. I really like the two-part Cyber Orange. Since I only have one kit, looks like I will be getting a couple more. I really like Fujimi Enthusiast kits. This BMW 635 in the Schnitzer livery is really eye catching. Sadly the decals are almost always toast. My purchase had a set of Studio 27 Jagermeister decals included. I bought the Hasegawa Suzuki Jimny because my travelling partner, Peter, had one. This prompted me to get some improved wheels, which is where JPS Customs comes in. Great product and great to deal with. The other wheel/tire sets... I'm addicted. I picked up another can of Revell Spray Chrome and some Novus polishes. The Revell Chrome sells fast here in the Toronto area.

2023-10-28 ACME.jpg

2023-10-28 ACME Shop Cards.jpg

2023-10-28 ACME SPLASH 1.jpg

2023-10-28 ACME SPLASH 2.jpg

2023-10-28 ACME Kit 1.jpg

2023-10-28 ACME Kit 2.jpg

2023-10-28 ACME Kit 3.jpg

2023-10-28 ACME Wheel:Tire Sets.jpg

2023-10-28 ACME Supplies.jpg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Bill Eh? said:

Even though I've been home from ACME for over a week, I'm just getting around to posting this. My event visiting history is chronicled with t-shirts. I am not part of the YouTube model car community, however I met Rick Zinck in the parking lot of the host hotel, and he gave me his shop card and his "trademark" skeleton. I was really excited to see SPLASH Paints listed as a vendor. I picked up his line up of AMT 2021 Bronco colours. I really like the two-part Cyber Orange. Since I only have one kit, looks like I will be getting a couple more. I really like Fujimi Enthusiast kits. This BMW 635 in the Schnitzer livery is really eye catching. Sadly the decals are almost always toast. My purchase had a set of Studio 27 Jagermeister decals included. I bought the Hasegawa Suzuki Jimny because my travelling partner, Peter, had one. This prompted me to get some improved wheels, which is where JPS Customs comes in. Great product and great to deal with. The other wheel/tire sets... I'm addicted. I picked up another can of Revell Spray Chrome and some Novus polishes. The Revell Chrome sells fast here in the Toronto area.

2023-10-28 ACME.jpg

Besides the revell & few others.  ALL the Japan goodness 😍. Great stuff man, and that morris mini cooper is a very clean kit. Haven’t built mine yet. 

• Like 1

As we are moving soon I seeing kits that I need and ordering them now, ready to pack up.

Fujimi Levin GT and Heller Citroen 2CV, the 2CV i hope to convert to a pickup. The Ebbro kit is pretty expensive and seems to be out of stock everywhere! No pictures as not accepted on here from fotki. 

Edited by PatW

2 hours ago, Dpate said:

Besides the revell & few others.  ALL the Japan goodness 😍. Great stuff man, and that morris mini cooper is a very clean kit. Haven’t built mine yet. 

This is the second Tamiya Mini kit that I have picked up as of late. This is to compensate for the nightmare build that is the recently released Hasegawa kit. LOL

I really appreciate most Japanese car kits.

On 11/8/2023 at 3:46 PM, PatW said:

As we are moving soon I seeing kits that I need and ordering them now, ready to pack up.

Fujimi Levin GT and Heller Citroen 2CV, the 2CV i hope to convert to a pickup. The kit is pretty expensive and seems to be out of stock everywhere! No pictures as not accepted on here from fotki. 

The thought of moving is never as exciting as the newly acquired accommodations are. Hope it goes smoothly for you all. 🤔°° now the thought of converting the Citroen into a pickup/ ute is intriguing. Neat idea..

This weeks mail man's ebay deliveries. The '33 I won, not really trying too but the '39 LaSalle has been on my list for a very long time. I had bought a not so bad complete glue bomb of the hearse awhile back and started to dismantle it with some luck. The last two pieces, the back door and the drivers side panel is glued very well and is misaligned badly. Still haven't been able to sperate them. So I did the next best thing.. Bought a nice unmolested complete kit..☺ 

'39 O,C~ '33 S.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 3:46 PM, PatW said:

Fujimi Levin GT and Heller Citroen 2CV, the 2CV i hope to convert to a pickup. The Ebbro kit is pretty expensive and seems to be out of stock everywhere! No pictures as not accepted on here from fotki. 

Currently moving myself still packing. I have a total of 11 XL boxes full of kits, and that’s not including the ones that are bigger than the box itself lol. 

I made a trip south to Austin and had a chance to stop at the last HobbyTown in the area. The one thing I really wanted? They had it! I found my Italeri Gelandewagen kits and wanted this one to go with them. It'll be a while before I get around it, but I have an ICON style upgrade thing I want to try. They turn old vehicles into very cool, very expensive, Resto-mods. https://www.icon4x4.com/

aaaRangeRover.jpg

Edited by oldcarfan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, A modeler named mike said:

This weeks mail man's ebay deliveries. The '33 I won, not really trying too but the '39 LaSalle has been on my list for a very long time. I had bought a not so bad complete glue bomb of the hearse awhile back and started to dismantle it with some luck. The last two pieces, the back door and the drivers side panel is glued very well and is misaligned badly. Still haven't been able to sperate them. So I did the next best thing.. Bought a nice unmolested complete kit..☺ 

'39 O,C~ '33 S.jpg

I have never seen that, Lasalle hearse before. That’s really neat..

On 11/8/2023 at 12:21 PM, Bill Eh? said:

2023-10-28 ACME.jpg

Nice haul, Bill!

On 11/9/2023 at 12:36 PM, kelson said:

Facebook marketplace buys from yesterday,the Chevelle is a pretty decent build just needs a few touchups.🤠IMG_6119.thumb.JPG.f985af69e332243522cea3214394afe0.JPGIMG_6120.thumb.JPG.c7381c41d26c623e29cd41da801e30f3.JPG

Real nice looking Chevelle, Curtis!

Edited by slusher
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, slusher said:

I have never seen that, Lasalle hearse before. That’s really neat..

This kit was only made in 1963. It's a 1/32 scale kit. Aurora also made another cool kit that was also 1/32 scale called the Meat wagon. It was a '39 Packard Ambulance kit only made in 1964. I have a glue bomb of that kit as well but I'm still on the hunt for a complete virgin kit. I never had any of these kits to build when I was younger. 

Edited by A modeler named mike
Correction
  • Like 1

This week's arrivals:

IMG_8857.JPG.5cdbe025995978d87f593b7b787c16e2.JPG

I'm quite fond of this Monogram series. Mercifully it looks as if this one can be built without that snowplough of a spoiler.

IMG_8858.JPG.f7a5ace6095a69c29472a1ec02a8015c.JPG

2009 release. Already have a couple of Joker issues of it, and the Force 440 coupe, but couldn't resist when it came up on a 1:1 car forum. Enjoyed building one in the '90s, would like to try one or two different ways of redoing it.

IMG_8860.JPG.7446e8c02d73dd9a71ad6eb00446b826.JPG

Very pleased to get this one. An early Fujimi kit, pretty basic as expected but the basic body shape and look aren't too bad and it looks about right for 1/24. Fujimi did a few versions of the Violet/Stanza/Auster range (A.K.A. 160J here, 510 in North America) and to the best of my knowledge haven't ever reissued them. The appeal to me is that I had a similar coupe (badged SSS) at 1:1 back in the '90s, it was one of my favourite Datsuns. Not identical, but this looks to be as close as I'll ever get to it.

Also, I think it may be the first kit I have that's moulded in lavender!

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 1:41 AM, NOBLNG said:

These arrived today from Amazon. Not as nice as the Tamiya ones, but a heck of a lot cheaper. The eyeliner brushes looked interesting, so I grabbed them as well. They could be good for fine detail painting.🤷‍♂️

IMG_9140.jpeg

next time your looking for qtips, have a look in the eyeshadows. there are ones that are a bit firmer with one pointed end and one cushioned end. The pointed end is perfectfor foil, especially on tighter corners and trin as it has just enough give to push down onto the tight areas, and the other end is perfect for the weathering powders and c1 metalisers. I find I use them more than the standard ones now. The nail art brushes are good too, loads of small sizes and even has striping brushes

I got the Corvette, 63 Chevy and 70 Monte Carlo last weekend at a toy show in Albany NY. Upon arriving home from the show my friend left the Fiero GT and a piece of cherry cheese cake on the back porch. A nice surprise indeed. The Corvette is build and in the model car section. 

M2.jpeg

• Like 1