Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 2/7/2024 at 6:03 PM, redscampi said:

Too many posts in a row with no pictures in this thread. :)This is technically not a car - but it has wheels. Today I got this 1/9 Protar Norton Manx. It's mint but the box lid is a bit rough. I can live with it. The seller included a very cool Model Cars mag from 1969. I'm betting some of you might have pictures or articles in there.

Oh baby...one of the few real bikes I still lust after...but a big-scale model would sure be fine. Nice score.   :D

• Like 1

After ordering online from Lionheart Hobby in Kyle, Texas a few months ago, I got a chance to visit in person. Good people! My oldest son will be going to Texas State in the Fall and so we went to tour the campus. Being it was cold and windy, we just hit the basics. That left me time to make the 20 minute drive to Lionheart. This is my new haul from them.

I bought different versions of the Subaru online from them, but couldn't pass up the chance for another. The Lincoln is a reissue of one from my youth that I tried to convert to stock with not a lot of success. I'm going to try to recreate that build with parts from a Thunderbird if I can.

No plan for the Mark IV, I just had one a long time ago and messed it up.

NewModels2-19-24.jpg

Edited by oldcarfan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dpate said:

Are these 100% new tooling?

Yep, All 3. They very closely resemble the originals and have all that nostalgia feel and build style to them, but none of them utilize any tooling from the originals. All of those tools were modified back in the 60s and 70s (for the Demon).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Yep, All 3. They very closely resemble the originals and have all that nostalgia feel and build style to them, but none of them utilize any tooling from the originals. All of those tools were modified back in the 60s and 70s (for the Demon).

Sweet! Definitely gonna pick up that 60 F-100. Thank you. 

On 2/19/2024 at 9:44 PM, A modeler named mike said:

From last week, the sealed Red Light Bandit from an eBay auction and the '50 Ford was from Perry's toy exchange which is about 40 mins away. I found them on ebay.. Who knew? I sure didn't, but I do now. Saves on shipping and gets me out of the house.. 😁

20240219_222448(1).jpg

Nice kit, Mike!    I can’t remember seeing the Red light Bandit before'