Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

These two arrived this afternoon. The '57 T-Bird promo was a just because buy. There was one like it at my grandmothers house we played with when we visited. Unfortunately the one I bought had a rough ride through the postal system causing all 4 mounting pegs to snap..😖 maybe it'll be used in a diorama? However the Mayflower van was a must have since the 1:1 has some history here, bad as it was Maryland's old football team the Colts loaded up and shipped out to become the Browns? Ah who cares anymore! I got the van and that's all that's important to me. It's sealed but the box is not in pristine condition. I may open it to inspect the contents and whip the box back into shape with the old clothes iron.

Screenshot_20240404-164131(1).png

20240404_150250(1).jpg

20240404_150351(1).jpg

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, A modeler named mike said:

These two arrived this afternoon. The '57 T-Bird promo was a just because buy. There was one like it at my grandmothers house we played with when we visited. Unfortunately the one I bought had a rough ride through the postal system causing all 4 mounting pegs to snap..😖 maybe it'll be used in a diorama? However the Mayflower van was a must have since the 1:1 has some history here, bad as it was Maryland's old football team the Colts loaded up and shipped out to become the Browns? Ah who cares anymore! I got the van and that's all that's important to me. It's sealed but the box is not in pristine condition. I may open it to inspect the contents and whip the box back into shape with the old clothes iron.

20240404_150250(1).jpg

20240404_150351(1).jpg

I have an early AMT 49 Ford kit in this situation. The box is pretty hammered but the seal is more or less intact. I’m also tempted to open it to straighten the box, but I have other 49s and there is a price tag of 2.99 on the kit which would be lost. It’s part of the kit’s provenance if you follow me. First world problems, right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redscampi said:

I have an early AMT 49 Ford kit in this situation. The box is pretty hammered but the seal is more or less intact. I’m also tempted to open it to straighten the box, but I have other 49s and there is a price tag of 2.99 on the kit which would be lost. It’s part of the kit’s provenance if you follow me. First world problems, right?

It's a slippery slope..lol I buy to collect with the intent to build so the cellophane will come off eventually, God willing..

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, A modeler named mike said:

20240404_150250(1).jpg

20240404_150351(1).jpg

The Browns have always been the Browns.  Colts moved to Indianapolis.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sfhess said:

Browns have always been the Browns

False; From 1936-1945 Cleveland was actually the Rams.. The Browns first season was 1946.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sfhess said:

The Browns have always been the Browns.  Colts moved to Indianapolis.

If you noticed I used a question mark after the Browns because I was not so sure plus I wasn't about to look up the facts on something as mundane as football is to me. Although I do appreciate your input and yes they moved to Indianapolis.

16 hours ago, A modeler named mike said:

It's a slippery slope..lol I buy to collect with the intent to build so the cellophane will come off eventually, God willing..

I open all old kits to make pack the tires and glass in baggies.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, A modeler named mike said:

If you noticed I used a question mark after the Browns because I was not so sure plus I wasn't about to look up the facts on something as mundane as football is to me. Although I do appreciate your input and yes they moved to Indianapolis.

I remember the Browns moving to Baltimore to become the Ravens in the 90s and the current Browns starting up a few years later.  

3 minutes ago, kelson said:

Went to the Hobbyshop for the Dodge van it's going to be a parts donor for all the vintage vans i've been buying and found the others on the shelf.🤠IMG_6392.thumb.JPG.8565225b37e7255355b08d6bc9deeecc.JPG

Dang the pursuit already out. Hopefully my main shops or hobby lobby gets them.

1 minute ago, Dpate said:

Dang the pursuit already out. Hopefully my main shops or hobby lobby gets them.

I'm in Canada,so depending where you are they should be available.

18 hours ago, kelson said:

Went to the Hobbyshop for the Dodge van it's going to be a parts donor for all the vintage vans i've been buying and found the others on the shelf.🤠IMG_6392.thumb.JPG.8565225b37e7255355b08d6bc9deeecc.JPG

Nice haul of Mopars!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sfhess said:

That's where all the Demons went.  My LHS (Both of them) are unable to get them.  Their distributors have them on back order.

My local hobbyshop was shorted on his order again,he only got 6.

UK seller had a few built-up Tamiya and other kits - I placed bids on several, ended up with just this one:

IMG_9849.JPG.7242821c8a78421fd3cdbf765f045886.JPG

The rarer fixed-head model, most of the Tamiya ZXs came with the T-top.

IMG_9848.JPG.6e109ce4fa2f7da939cfcb70d4b8bc41.JPG

Shame about the missing light, but the chrome backing piece is loose inside. Might be able to do something one that'll be spare from a Fujimi kit. Rear bumper needs reattaching.

IMG_9843.JPG.40dd51ab200159e08c1a54f05c7343a0.JPG

Engine bay has been fairly neatly done.

It's been brush-painted but quite well, I'm thinking of just giving it a polish, BMF-ing the window trims and giving it a gentle refurb, maybe with some more attractive wheels. The JDM wing mirros are still present, just fallen-off.

I have a boxed one that I can now build with more mod's.

• Like 1

Picked this up at the flea market today. It is complete thankfully. The seller also threw in a box of parts for a Revell Dodge Ram VTS. The body and two wheel rims are missing for sure, but the complete V-10 is there.🙂

IMG_1796.jpeg

• Like 1