Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

13 hours ago, FoMoCo66 said:

Ah dude nice falcon! I've always wanted a trumpeter falcon. But there not cheap.

There were a couple guys on eBay selling the convertible for $23 in China with $1.50 shipping. I took a chance and bought one and received it within a week, so I bought two more. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rocketman455 said:

My haul from the IPMS Show in Lebanon, IN. yesterday. Im kinda all over the place with my interests...lol20240407_082608.thumb.jpg.a5c421738eaa9fa527e79dd3fd0b95e4.jpg

Great haul!

Edited by slusher
  • Like 1

Trumpeter's '63 Nova SS Convertible came in the mail on Friday. That will be on the bench soon and the plan is to build it factory stock.

Hubley's '60 Ford Country Sedan kit arrived today. Even though it looks tiny next to the giant box of the Nova, it's also 1/25 scale. Not complete, but a very good starting point for a build, and while it wasn't cheap, it was affordable. :P I'm debating if I should build it also factory stock, or then if I should build it as a Mild Custom. Let's see...

spacer.png

• Like 3

Cool, I've been wanting to get one of those Hubley Ford Country Sedan kits, been keeping an eye out for a decent price. I do hope you'll do a WIP thread when it's turn on the bench comes around.

Scored this on eBay for $30 shipped. Was sealed. The windshield is a little scratched but I’ll see if I can clean it up. Been wanting this kit for awhile and couldn’t pass up the price. 

IMG_1195.jpeg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Bainford said:

Cool, I've been wanting to get one of those Hubley Ford Country Sedan kits, been keeping an eye out for a decent price. I do hope you'll do a WIP thread when it's turn on the bench comes around.

Me too, and this one was the first one I could afford.:P

Sure, I'll do a WIP thread when I get to it. Hopefully it happens later this year, but we'll see. I need to finish a couple of other projects first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W-409 said:

Trumpeter's '63 Nova SS Convertible came in the mail on Friday. That will be on the bench soon and the plan is to build it factory stock.

Hubley's '60 Ford Country Sedan kit arrived today. Even though it looks tiny next to the giant box of the Nova, it's also 1/25 scale. Not complete, but a very good starting point for a build, and while it wasn't cheap, it was affordable. :P I'm debating if I should build it also factory stock, or then if I should build it as a Mild Custom. Let's see...

spacer.png

Nice score but I think you'll find those Hubley Fords were actually 1/24 scale, maybe even 1/23.

I'd always wanted one too until I seen how big they actually are. 

Interesting find while haunting the 'bay:

IMG_2396-X2.jpg

"Speedline" Porsche 936/76. It didn't have a scale listed, and I couldn't find anything about the kit online, but Scalemates lists the SPD-29 decal sheet as 1/24 scale, so I took a gamble. And yes, it's a rather nicely detailed and cast resin full kit in 1/24, with two bodies in (I can't see the difference between them). It makes the early 936 without airbox, but the decals are there for both the stealthy and cool matt black Nurburgring test and launch car, and the white car used for the ongoing campaign and Le Mans win. The black car needs minor surgery -- cutting down the rear fins and the wing lowering, and some scoops reprofiling. I got it for a very good price -- less than the decal sheet alone seems to go for, and the Strada Sports price label on the box says $90-00, which is about three times what I paid!

best,

M.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Got this restorable ‘58 Bonneville off eBay.  Seems complete except for wheel covers.  And the steering wheel is broken. 

image.jpg

I have a number of the generic tri-bar wheel covers that AMT/SMP used for their GM's in '58 if you want a set.  I won't be home until 4/22 to verify I have them but I'm pretty sure I do.  Let me know if you'll need them.

Take care,

Rich

IMG_7774 (Medium).jpg

Edited by hedotwo
  • Like 1

I got these today in the mail from Spotlight Hobbies.

I'm gonna build the Sterling Marlin #14 Tennessee Volunteers car from the Monte Carlo. Thanks Volzfan for the idea! I'll be getting the decals soon from 3 Amigos.

A  friend had the 1:1 Firebird back in the day in that shade of green. I'll be painting it the same color. 

3models.thumb.jpg.a1109caa818e50c165699f6df89d6a29.jpg

Edited by Safire6
  • Like 3

On 4/8/2024 at 4:42 PM, A modeler named mike said:

I bought these off of eBay, decent price on each kit along with combined shipping made it a no brainer.

20240408_140931(1).jpg

Cool Nova! I had a 1:1   '78 back in the day. It was my first brand new new car. Ordered it from a dealer in Milford OH and I paid cash for it. I remember the salesman having to get the manager because he never had a customer that paid for a car entirely in cash!

5 minutes ago, kelson said:

This mornings deliveries🤠IMG_6398.thumb.JPG.38630c8ff14270b62e05a4584b3ef1de.JPGIMG_6400.thumb.JPG.a1ba89e76c7032588564777c451782f5.JPG

I'm envious over those Dodge vans! Every time someone from Round 2 asks for comments, I tell them to backdate the van tooling or to clone it to make a 72ish Dodge van, and also maybe to do a 1999ish Dodge van for all us Dajiban fans.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 9:50 PM, Bullybeef said:

@iamsuperdan think you will like this stack.

My “Dealer” had a fresh supply of Peruvian and I had to have it all. 😜this should keep the urges in check for an awhile. 

IMG_7895.jpeg

Dag I need 1 of those Tahoe chassis for a 1500 build !!!

Drove down to Austin to see the new grandbaby and made a quick pit stop at Hobby Town. They didn't have much I needed, but I couldn't pass these two up for the price. Also got some Tamiya primer since I'm getting low.

AAAANewkitsMazdaPorsche.jpg

Edited by oldcarfan

I finally got a MFH Ferrari F2003 off Ebay. I'd preordered one of these direct from MFH and while they did acknowledge my order I heard no more from them and now its listed as being out of stock

I've also ordered the redesigned decals they are offering for this kit but  once again they acknowledged the order and I've heard no more.

IMG_3927.jpeg

• Like 1

This week's arrivals:

IMG_0125.JPG.b45937e360ef0fa442855a71848e67b7.JPG

Celica has loose parts and is lightly started, but appears to be complete. Always good to get a 4-door verion of something sporty like a Skyline.

IMG_0132.JPG.ee2969ea4898fb1fe2e145f9e0470c09.JPG

Cheap, not fully complete parts donors. The Supra has a full engine and 'box which would be a great transplant into a lesser Toyota, and the Skyline's cage and chassis would go nicely with the R34 saloon above or a Tamiya road car coupe to create a time attack/drift weapon.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Roncla said:

I finally got a MFH Ferrari F2003 off Ebay. I'd preordered one of these direct from MFH and while they did acknowledge my order I heard no more from them and now its listed as being out of stock

I've also ordered the redesigned decals they are offering for this kit but  once again they acknowledged the order and I've heard no more.

IMG_3927.jpeg

I've now done an inventory of this kit and found an envelope inside with the redesigned decals. The original decals were also included.