Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

8 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Mail Call today this will go with the Bandai 1/16 Steam Roller ,good buy off E Bay , Enjoy 

DSC05582.JPG

That's pretty cool.. I live next to a historical farm Museum that has multiple events throughout the year. In the beginning of September the have the steam and small gas engine show. All week long at high noon all the steam whistle blow.. Very cool. I have a 1950 M series John Deere that I just inherited and have no use for so I'll probably look for a buyer at that show.. 

20170429_120914-1.jpg

20190912_102118.jpg

Edited by A modeler named mike
Added photos
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, A modeler named mike said:

That's pretty cool.. I live next to a historical farm Museum that has multiple events throughout the year. In the beginning of September the have the steam and small gas engine show. All week long at high noon all the steam whistle blow.. Very cool. I have a 1950 M series John Deere that I just inherited and have no use for so I'll probably look for a buyer at that show.. 

20170429_120914-1.jpg

20190912_102118.jpg

i think thats the first tractor i've seen with hubcaps still on. on this side of the pond we just didn't use them abd if they were fitted  the farm cats and dogs got a new feed bowl.

• Like 1

We got a local department store that just got this, I dont know if is a common available display or a kind of deal. Anyway, got  the Foose, 32 Ford and the Dart, and the F18.

im curious because haven’t seen this display anywhere 

08133cac-52ef-485f-8621-ddce8b6d0c40_Original.jpeg

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Pierre_tec said:

We got a local department store that just got this, I dont know if is a common available display or a kind of deal. Anyway, got  the Foose, 32 Ford and the Dart, and the F18.

im curious because haven’t seen this display anywhere 

08133cac-52ef-485f-8621-ddce8b6d0c40_Original.jpeg

I wouldn't mind having the display case....😁👍

I went the nearest hobby shop to my home for some Tamiya paint.  Got the paint and a Revell 69 GTO kit.  Also picked up a few jars of Model Master paint for $1.50 each.

Also decided to check the Local Michaels since it is near that hobby shop.  All they had in the kit section was a couple of Revell pirate ship kits.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Some BMF from Amazon.  They shipped it in one of those bubble envelopes 🙄

IMG_0983.jpeg

I know what you mean, I just got an orbital sander yesterday packaged the same way, and looks as bad! To add, the Amazon facility is literally 5-7 minutes from my house.

• Like 1

I've been wanting a set of WW collets for my lathe. I came across this deal on Ebay. Sherline sells the collet set for $106, as I recall. For $100, I got the collets set, and 20 assorted end mills, a set of Sherline center drills, a 3/32" chucking reamer, and a couple of other specialty bits! I couldn't pass it up!

DSC_0002cr.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/24/2024 at 5:20 AM, 64SS350 said:

I know what you mean, I just got an orbital sander yesterday packaged the same way, and looks as bad! To add, the Amazon facility is literally 5-7 minutes from my house.

I had a Bayer send me a 1950 Ford convertible kit in a bubble mailer. Luckily nothing was damaged and with that kit the windshield fram has to be added during assembly. I guess once you pay they don't care afterwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewetwo said:

I had a Bayer send me a 1950 Ford convertible kit in a bubble mailer. Luckily nothing was damaged and with that kit the windshield fram has to be added during assembly. I guess once you pay they don't care afterwards.

If you're talking about the AMT '50 Ford convertible kit, the reason for the windshield done the way it is in this kit is that there is or was several different roof options when this kit was new. #1 was a stock height convertible windshield and soft top up or down. #2 Was a chopped top convertible with a half top option. #3 This was also offered with a stock height roof and the Victoria Hard Top with no B pillar. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, espo said:

If you're talking about the AMT '50 Ford convertible kit, the reason for the windshield done the way it is in this kit is that there is or was several different roof options when this kit was new. #1 was a stock height convertible windshield and soft top up or down. #2 Was a chopped top convertible with a half top option. #3 This was also offered with a stock height roof and the Victoria Hard Top with no B pillar. 

the half top was in later issues. originally it was a full chopped carson top. heres th contents of th first issue

DSC03121.JPG

DSC03120.JPG

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

the half top was in later issues. originally it was a full chopped carson top. heres th contents of th first issue

DSC03121.JPG

DSC03120.JPG

Those custom grills and fronts are really cool! I wish we could get them in resin.

LHS got in two Demon kits.  Manager offered me the one he had left since I had asked him to order me a couple. 

Also picked up 65 and 66 Galaxie kits for chassis to use in the 68 Galaxie I picked up at Desert Scale Classic. 

• Like 1