Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

AMT "Bird of Paradise" T-Bird and the Revell '29 Model A pickup, currently marketed as Monogram.

Maybe I'll put the pickup in a dark closet with the new '29 A roadster kit and see what results.

Oh: and will someone please give Hobbico the memo to knock it off with randomly using the Monogram name on the wrong kits!  It's not complicated: all your 1/24 scale kits should be marketed as Monogram, call anything 1/25 Revell.  Nice and simple!

I realize there were a couple of pre-merger Monogram kits that were done in 1/25th, like the S-10/Syclone, '59 Cadillac, and '59 Impala.  I'd be fine with calling those only Revell from now on.

OK.  Glad to get that out of my system!

I bought the AMT 25 T Fruitwagon. I had really wanted to get the new Revell Model A, but the Hobby Lobby nearest me doesn't have it yet. I am very limited in funds, so it has to be bought using the 40% off coupon these days when I do get to buy anything. And I didn't feel up to driving around to other HLs in the area.

Main reason I bought this one is most of the others I was thinking about I already have or have had in the past at least one, or they are on the "iffy" to me list. And this one builds two kits, which was the deciding factor.  I have already started it, which is rare for me these days. Maybe I will actually get one finished one of these days.

Russ

IMG_04941_zpskvyvsnjv.jpg

I just got these from Tower Hobbies. After free shipping and a $15 discount was applied, this ran me $38. Oh and it was delivered to me in one day. I cannot rave enough about Tower and their services.

Edited by av405

Yep, cant say enough good things about Tower Hobbies,  I get most of the new Domestic kits from them,  I get my orders within three days.

Agreed....great service,fair prices and I almost always get free,prompt delivery.

Edited by mike 51

Out on my vacation found s hobby store call funderundmen hobbies is this little town called Ronart up along the Ca coast tony the owner nice guy but boy talk your ear off about cars ?

Wii I believe in supporting such hobby shops so I found another Model kit ?

image.jpeg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...