Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I've always had a soft spot for a mid-engine American car, even if not many others did to keep this one alive .. Pontiac Fiero. I always heard good things about the kit and casually bid on one .. and won! So many ways to build and customize this one .. and the kit IS spectacular! Two engines and opening hood and trunk .. and the detail engraving is so good!

fiero_1_zpsolrcden8.jpg

The MPC kits of that era were actually pretty well done.  I have that one too, unfortunately the body on mine was all goobed up by some kid who added all the flares, a ton of putty and never sanded anything before a coat of paint!  The Cavalier kit is also about this same quality.

Here's a nice piece for some metal working fun.  Arrived today;

photo 1-Proxxon MB200 1_zpsbz7litnc.jpg

photo 1-Proxxon MB200 2_zpseum9v9ea.jpg

Here my trusty little micro-motor, it fits nice and snug in the drill press;

photo 1-Proxxon Micromot 50E_zpsyzjca0mf.jpg

I'm satisfied with the quality.  It doesn't seem to wiggle and has the power to do anything I've thrown at it so far.  Recommendable.

Just got the reissued '53 Studebaker a couple hours ago over at HL with the coupon - and was disappointed to find it had the old '60s Firestone 500 narrow whitewall tires rather than the new vintage-style wide whites I was expecting (since the box art shows wide whites). Is this a factory error that Round2 would correct, or am I out of luck?

Edited by ChrisBcritter

I scored these today. Even though the series is cheesy, but I find it entertaining. These are a limited, Walmart exclusive series. They may not be worth a lot, but they will fit in with the massive collection of other Hot Wheels just fine.

_1_zpsg3fglpgp.jpeg

I like all the F&F except Tokyo Drift and the forth one. Those are cool Clayton i need a couple for the model room...

I like all the F&F except Tokyo Drift and the forth one. Those are cool Clayton i need a couple for the model room...

I would need a room just for my Hot Wheels. I've been collecting since they started the series cars, I think early to mid 90s. My collection isn't as big as some, but it's still around 5000, give or take a few.

Edited by Petetrucker07

These two Airfix kits arrived.

Aha! The old Airfix bag kits!  They were about all I could get when I was growing up in Germany 1969-72.  So I remember them fondly, still have a few of my originals.  When I got back to the hobby as an adult in the late 1980s, you'd find those kits at shows for $1-5 each so I'd grab them up. Once eBay came about, those disappeared! 

Oh wow, so I'm the first to report on this?

IMG_0464-vi.jpg

The ghost of Monogram vintage design rises, as if they dusted off plans from the early '80s and updated them a bit with separate interior door panels and Revell's current pin axle m o.  Yes, that's red plastic you see, with a tiny hint of the black chassis visible under the front left corner (and for those who haven't worked out priming/sealing against red pigment, recall the white plastic in the '29 A and don't worry too much about this becoming standard Revell practice just yet).  Proportions look dead unchanged from the preview shots you've seen.

Finally scored the nice little RoG BMW i8 and the pre-finished C7 'Vette.  The latter is solid red clear-coated or lacquer-washed instead of the metallic look in previews, with complete tempo detailing for scripts, vents, and the rear fascia.  The window piece from the snap kit seems superior enough for a transplant, but otherwise, this version presents surprisingly well for such a drastic cut-down in separate parts.  The rear suspension is molded in, but the exhaust is separate and the power train has gotten some attention, and I think Revell would be well-advised to give this kit the same white plastic/decals treatment they're doing with the ZL-1… 

*cough*

OR MAYBE JUST PRODUCE A FULL-DETAIL Z06.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis
getting rid of a broken link

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...