Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

3 hours ago, Lordmodelbuilder said:

I got these 4 Fords off Ebay . I am curious about the 36 Roadster & Coupe kits.

I know they are from the old AMT 3n1 kit, but I have one that was molded in grey & another in black.

Anyone know the timeline on which came out 1st?

Maybe an expert can give us a better answer.  But I'm not sure there was a "timeline" or "1st" when it came to AMT plastic colors.  AMT was pumping out so many kits in the early Sixties, I suspect they just used whatever color of plastic they had on hand.

Some totally worthless anecdotal experience: I've seen several original AMT '36 Ford kits molded in gray.  I've seen an original '40 Ford Sedan and Coupe, and a '49 Mercury molded in light blue.  But most original '40 Ford kits I've seen were molded in black. The only original Trophy kits I've seen with consistent color are the '32 Ford Roadster & Coupe, which I've only seen in black plastic.  But it wouldn't surprise me a bit if somebody has one of those molded in a different color.

Edited by Mike999
error

Our club went on a field trip to my friend's shop at RMR yesterday. Resisted and only brought this much home. Chevy van rebuilder, Ford Econoline window Van, 64 Comet Prostreet and Promod, bumpers for 60 Ford PU promo.

That's a lot of Ford stuff for a Chevy guy!

IMG_20190106_072933587_HDR.jpg

image.png.53291e908d9fce36a1a83a63ba41a7cd.png

Went to Hobby Lobby looking for paint brushes... didn't find the set I wanted so this one followed me home.  I don't know why it was $22.99 while everything else was $29.99 but with the magic coupon it was $13.79 and with tax for the state the total was $14.62.  I had some $15 or so left on a gift card.  The artwork is very nice.  It's signed "Shepard", anyone know who that is?

I already have the  Jeep,  but I wanted the ski mobile!   (Like I need any justification to buy a model)  :D

I picked up a late gift from my wife on Friday.

She bought it, I had to go get it from a local

variety store!  15% off on all model kits made

the total $22.41

I plan to post some pics of stuff inside

if anyone has any interest!?  It comes with

triple stripe whitewall tires, and a 2 sided

set as well!

David S.

rivkit.jpg

Edited by mod3l Lover

2 hours ago, mod3l Lover said:

the total $22.41

set as well!

David S.

rivkit.jpg

May have to look into that one. Sounds like a parts bonanza.

On 1/2/2019 at 6:35 PM, #1 model citizen said:

That is quite an unusual multi-point icicle on the front wheel. Will you be replicating it, too? :unsure::)

Oh you bet I am!  I want weathering, need more than a few bug splats (a feature I've done).

On 1/2/2019 at 8:30 PM, Mike999 said:

Not sure if it's an exact match, but maybe a start. Fujimi sells a set of 1/24 scale skis, poles, racks (and surfboards). It's Fujimi #112527, Garage & Tool Series #22.  Available from many different vendors, or eBay. (Pic stolen from internet).

Thanks for giving it a shot.  Skis have evolved over half a century, as in length, and Cubco bindings was what I remember on my first skis.  The poles were probably bamboo, the baskets were much larger than "modern" poles.

Just now, Rob Hall said:

I haven't compared them closely with the previous versions, but there are a few parts different in each....wheels, some other details.

When you do, can you start a new topic in the Reviews section?  My Huracan was a first run, had 4 different wheels included.

5 hours ago, mod3l Lover said:

the total $22.41

set as well!

David S.

rivkit.jpg

I would love to see all the parts in the box.....

2 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Coupla daze bak, I got anudder wun a deez...   image.jpeg.e2ab73a0bbb45fc206a342304966d107.jpeg

an anudda won a deese...   image.jpeg.033fe2ce207e1e66b4e3a7767bcbc7f9.jpeg

da ojek beun to make wun a deez...  image.jpeg.09878425b66e83c6ecbb9f208020cf8f.jpeg

The Foosemobile looks like it's going to have to be de-sectioned just at the beltline, but otherwise seems like what I want to do should work fairly easily.

I have wanted to do this exact same thing as Bill since this 

Foose kit came out!!  I have a salvage Fleetline kit already!

David S.

22 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

Our club went on a field trip to my friend's shop at RMR yesterday. Resisted and only brought this much home. Chevy van rebuilder, Ford Econoline window Van, 64 Comet Prostreet and Promod, bumpers for 60 Ford PU promo.

That's a lot of Ford stuff for a Chevy guy!

IMG_20190106_072933587_HDR.jpg

Karl.... Im a Chevy guy too but that old Ford van is very cool...love to have one myself.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...