Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

56 minutes ago, br67 said:

Oooooh Rick I want too ?

That 68 is also on my wish list

Got it off ebay for Buy it now for $89.99 w/free shipping. I already have it tore down and have the green paint stripped off. Also done some paint work to the Interior.

DSC03384.JPG

DSC03385.JPG

DSC03386.JPG

DSC03387.JPG

On 9/15/2007 at 3:18 AM, Steve H. said:

I got turned down from a job interview last week, but got a call today for another opportunity...

Ohhhh... You're talking about model related stuff... :rolleyes:

Got the new Merc... Started it already.

Got a note that I'll be getting another resin go kart in the mail soon.

My wife ask why I needed a new kit, when I have all those in the garage... B)

Doh!

Got my first shipment of micro LEDs to test. Man, these things are small. Wanna do individual side-marker lights or instruments? These otter get it. Frankly, I don't expect all of 'em to work, or to last forever (so cheap, I don't see how they could) but damm man, they are SMALL. Working voltage is 2.8-3.4 DC (naturally).

20 for less than 10 bucks, including shipping.

A bonus is that each little LED has two insulated leads of .011" OD, about 200 mm long. Perfect for old-school 7 mm ignition wires.

US T0603WM 20Pcs Pre-soldered micro litz wired leads Warm White SMD Led 0603

On 12/23/2018 at 1:55 PM, 89AKurt said:

I do like checking out the beauty salon supply shop, their nail boards are really good quality compared to the dollar store.  And the nail 'polish' colors are pretty cool too.

IMG_8887_Fotor.jpg

These are the best sanding sticks I have ever used. It's nice to know what grit you are using.

15 minutes ago, 935k3 said:

These are the best sanding sticks I have ever used. It's nice to know what grit you are using.

The Tropical Shine sticks are nice, but expensive. 

Best I've ever used are the TRIM brand but they're hard to find. Walmart doesn't have the right ones anymore, and it looks like KMart just closed them out. 

30 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

What do you use the nail polish for?

Lotsa people paint with it. Cut with lacquer thinner and airbrush. There are some really cool colors available you'll never see anywhere else, and often one manufacturer will make so many different reds (for instance), you can hit exactly the color you want.

4 hours ago, 935k3 said:

I do not get your question, I don't use nail polish. i was talking about the sanding sticks.

Sorry Dale. I saw the bottle with Essie in the photo and thought it was nail polish since you were writing about the sanding sticks which look like the type they use in the beauty parlors.  I kind of gather that maybe I’m not up to level of this forum with the questions I ask. I’ll refrain rom asking any in the future. 

6 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Sorry Dale. I saw the bottle with Essie in the photo and thought it was nail polish since you were writing about the sanding sticks which look like the type they use in the beauty parlors.  I kind of gather that maybe I’m not up to level of this forum with the questions I ask. I’ll refrain rom asking any in the future. 

It helps to use the quote feature, if you are directing a question to one person.  I see the discussion was mostly about sanding sticks.

Using nail 'polish' was learned about 30 years ago.  I think for the price, it's better than ordering special model paints.  I get the unusual colors, not what is already offered as model paint.  My first, and still only street rod, was painted with a pearl pink.  First contest got a special award, Paint Job Mostly Likely To Cause Globull Warming.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...