Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

3 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

From the wife for Christmas, for whatever reason, I came across this a few months back and said to myself I should get it,  and try it out, I have a plan for it.
VPRSPyy.png

Greatt airbrush. I love mine. You can get a handle for it, The Iwata custom grip handle fits perfectly. It's Iwata quality and solid.

13 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

It helps to use the quote feature, if you are directing a question to one person.  I see the discussion was mostly about sanding sticks.

Using nail 'polish' was learned about 30 years ago.  I think for the price, it's better than ordering special model paints.  I get the unusual colors, not what is already offered as model paint.  My first, and still only street rod, was painted with a pearl pink.  First contest got a special award, Paint Job Mostly Likely To Cause Globull Warming.

"Paint Job Mostly Likely To Cause Globull Warming". Too funny Kurt.  I will try and not ask any questions that doesn't pertain to what was written and not what might also be in the photo. Best I just not ask and hope somebody else does.:)

3 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

"Paint Job Mostly Likely To Cause Globull Warming". Too funny Kurt.  I will try and not ask any questions that doesn't pertain to what was written and not what might also be in the photo. Best I just not ask and hope somebody else does.:)

I thought that was the purpose of this forum, but there are various reasons to be here.  It's just a matter of protocol, that's all.  In certain circumstances (not related with this forum), I already know the answer, but wish to see if the politician .... oops gave it away .... knows the answer, or is blowing smoke up where the sun don't shine.

20 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

I thought that was the purpose of this forum, but there are various reasons to be here.  It's just a matter of protocol, that's all.  In certain circumstances (not related with this forum), I already know the answer, but wish to see if the politician .... oops gave it away .... knows the answer, or is blowing smoke up where the sun don't shine.

Thanks Kurt. I just have a hard time with learning the protocol as it seems to change depending on who the person is posting the original post. I've learned so much here and I'll continue to observe. :)

4 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Oh MY! I might have to get one of those for my Polished Plastic collection. Is that green a little metallic/metalflaky too? If so, I DEFINITELY need one! :blink:

Yes, it is, and I would say the 'flake' is very in scale, too. No bass boat 'flake here. :D

Pulled the trigger on this little beauty; probably will take a while to get here from France, but I can be patient:

06422_1.thumb.JPG.218cd9d53b937597d9d7bf66302888ba.JPG

06422_2.thumb.JPG.283b999adc94272b045885f2cfa79dba.JPG

(Images via modelli124.blogspot.com)

From Hachette's Collection Auto Vintage, it's a '59 Simca Vedette Marly. I don't really collect many diecasts, but how often do you find a cool station wagon like this in 1/24 scale that hasn't been done many times before? I'm not sure how many made it to the USA, but at least one did:

5c24065667a8d_la2-24asimcavedettemarly.jpg.bad00b0a8ead2eb6496d478e4d408a97.jpg

This was taken someplace in Louisiana in the early '60s; the plates may be U.S. Forces from Europe.

My plans are for BMF, some surfboards on the roof and CA plates, of course.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

1 hour ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Pulled the trigger on this little beauty; probably will take a while to get here from France, but I can be patient:

From Hachette's Collection Auto Vintage, it's a '59 Simca Vedette Marly. I don't really collect many diecasts, but how often do you find a cool station wagon like this in 1/24 scale that hasn't been done many times before? I'm not sure how many made it to the USA, but at least one did:

This was taken someplace in Louisiana in the early '60s; the plates may be U.S. Forces from Europe.

Don’t know why, but I find that to be cool as you know what! Cool find?

4 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

(Images via modelli124.blogspot.com)

I too find this cool. An odd one from France. One those French Fords after Simca's buy out of that company, I assume? 

I got these two for myself for Christmas. When I opened the Ford GT box and saw the instructions, I had dejavu....I think I built this same kit as a kid, about 50 years ago. The Ford GT is my favorite car of all time. Love the late 60s early 70s Mustangs too.

Ford GT box.jpg

Ford GT instructions.jpg

Ford GT kit.jpg

Gas Ronda Mustang.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...