Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

21 minutes ago, Lordmodelbuilder said:

LOL, Not sure what brand of silver it is,but it is dry. You wouldn't happen to have an original set of instructions online somewhere would you?

Like to see what all is missing.

Not a problem. 

https://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/mkiba-build-under-c/amt-instructions/automotive-cars--pi/ford/1921-1930/amt-29-model-a-ford/

23 minutes ago, Lordmodelbuilder said:

LOL, Not sure what brand of silver it is,but it is dry. You wouldn't happen to have an original set of instructions online somewhere would you?

Like to see what all is missing.

Here's a link Brad.  The Drastic Plastic Model Car Club has a large archive of instruction sheets on line.

https://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/mkiba-build-under-c/amt-instructions/automotive-cars--pi/ford/1921-1930/amt-29-model-a-ford/

Got this Dremel accessory grinding set at Walmart for $15. When you compared it to a bunch of much smaller sets they had for $12+, there is a LOT of good stuff in here. Came home and put it to use immediately grinding on a diecast body. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dremel-711-01-150-Piece-All-Purpose-Accessory-Kit/706495036

Picked up a really nice 1:24 Wills Finecast Auto-Kit today, which is a white metal kit of a 1933 MG K3 Magnette Open Tourer. The original box is in very good condition, especially considering this kit is 46 years old or more. I managed to bid for this kit on Ebay and got it for £9.99, which is around US $. 12.73 and I can see built versions of this kit on sale for £150.00 ( US $. 191.28 ). The wire-spoked wheels have to be wired by hand, but they include a wheel winding jig and plenty of wire in the kit. I shall be building this as a 1932 MG F Magna which is very close in appearance to the K3 Magnette of 1933.

David

100_2690.JPG

100_2694.JPG

100_2723.JPG

100_2728.JPG

100_2729.JPG

33 minutes ago, Anglia105E said:

Picked up a really nice 1:24 Wills Finecast Auto-Kit today, which is a white metal kit of a 1933 MG K3 Magnette Open Tourer. The original box is in very good condition, especially considering this kit is 46 years old or more. I managed to bid for this kit on Ebay and got it for £9.99, which is around US $. 12.73 and I can see built versions of this kit on sale for £150.00 ( US $. 191.28 ). The wire-spoked wheels have to be wired by hand, but they include a wheel winding jig and plenty of wire in the kit. I shall be building this as a 1932 MG F Magna which is very close in appearance to the K3 Magnette of 1933.

David

100_2723.JPG

Nice find and cannot beat the price David.

56 minutes ago, Anglia105E said:

Yes, it was quite lucky Gary...... and this will be my first build of a white metal kit, so I need to take it slowly. Not sure yet if super glue or epoxy is best for assembling these kits.

David

You did really well there David. If I saw it on ebay I would have been bidding as well!

I had a Lotus Seven kit from Southern Fine Craft and also their stand alone Rover V8 engine. I never got round to building either and finally sold them off (maybe 10 years ago now). I wish I'd kept them both.

So, will we be seeing a build thread of this Magnette soon? 

Sonny..... There might well be a build thread for this one, but I am not only a slow builder, but also not great at keeping up with the build by posting regularly. However, having said that I will try. The build is going to be a 1932 MG F Magna as driven by Kitty Brunell successfully in major international motor races and rallies of the period. The 1933 MG K3 Magnette is close enough to the Magna to be accurate, in terms of dimensions and specification generally. Thanks for looking!

David in Derbyshire, England

MG_F_Magna.jpg

I first spotted this at the IPMS Nationals back in November, just didn't have the funds before Christmas, but I'd put my name down for one for my birthday present to myself, it's there first resin kit, with others planned, the MK1 Lotus Cortina being there next one.

FB_IMG_1547296714029.jpg

FB_IMG_1547296718267.jpg

FB_IMG_1547296722310.jpg

Should be here next week.  Opened but sealed inside for slightly more than retail on a Round2 kit.  I've heard rumors that the stock truck with the standard bed is under development but like their Demon and the Vega kits,  I'll believe it when it's in my fat little fingers.    (Pic plagiarized from eBay)

MPC Dodge Monster truck.jpg

Geoff in Solihull.... You have got yourself a very nice resin kit of the Morris Minor there, and I would be very interested in a Lotus Cortina MK1 resin kit in 1:24 scale.

I have built a 1:24 Morris Minor Traveller as a resin kit, which I gave to my cousin because it was a replica of his late father's motor car. Currently I am building a 1960 Ford Anglia 105E which is also a resin kit, and I would like to build a 4-door Ford Cortina MK1 which used to be my late father's car, but the Lotus Cortina is a 2-door of course. Thanks for posting a photo of the box for the kit and I shall have a look at The Motor Museum in Miniature web site.

Here is a photo of the Morris Minor Traveller for you.....

David in Derbyshire, England

101_5344.JPG

Despite not really needing anything, I went into my local Michael's today with a 60% off coupon and found a Revell Nova sitting on the shelf. After taxes it was $10.73 and if I use it for parts or do some swapping with other kits, I don't have a ton invested in it. Trying to break the habit of buying kits I don't really need, but for $10 I figure what the heck!

8 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

My older brother owned a Highway Yellow 1964 Morris Minor 1000 4-door. Not a bad car; but, NYC potholes beat the snot out of the suspension.

Quite common to see one at the side of the road with broken trunions, if you didn't keep them greased the brass screw used to snap off.

mbimage.jpeg

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Okay, I'll bite: What does it do, or is supposed to do? :wacko: And why is the sad little girl's arm sore (apparently)? 

Its a decal try,  you put the decal on the blue sponge piece, then dip in the water and the bring it back up till the decal comes free of the backing paper, I am working on a review video for it . 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...