Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

12 hours ago, disabled modeler said:

Very COOL..!  I love and have been fascinated with blowers since I was a kid...built a few blower engines in 1 to 1 myself.  I build a 355ci with a 671 and Hilborn fuel injection once for a 29 Ford coupe I had before my accident.   I have the Lindberg Tall T but Ill have to find some parts to build it as I want to...realistic 671 blower set up with butterfly fuel injection scoop...wheels and wide rears..etc.    Id like to see if I can open up the doors on it too. 

Me too, as a kid I always dreamed of having a '69 Nova with 454 and Blower. Nowadays I like the look of the 1st Gen Nova more, but the love of Blower Power is still there. I also like high revving N/A engines, but as I'm planning on driving the Chevy II on street as well, the Blower engine will probably be a bit more streetable. And, it looks a lot cooler of course.:P

When you get to building that Tall T, it would be very cool to see a thread in "On The Workbench"...;)

18 minutes ago, W-409 said:

Me too, as a kid I always dreamed of having a '69 Nova with 454 and Blower. Nowadays I like the look of the 1st Gen Nova more, but the love of Blower Power is still there. I also like high revving N/A engines, but as I'm planning on driving the Chevy II on street as well, the Blower engine will probably be a bit more streetable. And, it looks a lot cooler of course.:P

When you get to building that Tall T, it would be very cool to see a thread in "On The Workbench"...;)

That reminds me of a story from a guy i worked with about 10 years ago.. he said he had always wanted a blown Nova...he went to one of the January auctions in Scottsdale and bought a Pro Street style '66 Nova w/ a blower sticking through the hood, huge rear tires, nitrous, etc..bright yellow w/ orange and red stripes.  I saw in the office parking garage, looked like it was really well built.  About a month after he bought it, he over accelerated turning onto a divided street, lost it, and slid into a raised median and rolled it..he was ok, but the way he talked it seemed he was embarrassed he wrecked his new toy.

Edited by Rob Hall

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

That reminds me of a story from a guy i worked with about 10 years ago.. he said he had always wanted a blown Nova...he went to one of the January auctions in Scottsdale and bought a Pro Street style '66 Nova w/ a blower sticking through the hood, huge rear tires, nitrous, etc..bright yellow w/ orange and red stripes.  I saw in the office parking garage, looked like it was really well built.  About a month after he bought it, he over accelerated turning onto a divided street, lost it, and slid into a raised median and rolled it..he was ok, but the way he talked it seemed he was embarrassed he wrecked his new toy.

He's in good company. The Memphis Street Outlaws rolled three of them last year on Discovery Channel. (At least two have been beautifully rebuilt.)

On 16/01/2019 at 10:27 PM, Ich_Will said:

A surprise showed up today. No tracking number from Japan always adds to the mystery and eventual excitement. 

2A179C2A-7A87-40AB-8116-9C9AB2FAE600.jpeg

Superb! As I have a racing team based nearby with these I would turn it into a racing car quick, fast!

Edited by PatW

9 minutes ago, Super28 said:

Got this today off ebay. Had one in high school many moons ago. Reilly liked it, been wanting another one. Doors, back and front all open. Look forward to this one

3.jpg

You have the very rare , IMHO, AMT boxed IMC Ford GTMKII.  I had one years ago.

12 minutes ago, Super28 said:

Got this today off ebay. Had one in high school many moons ago. Reilly liked it, been wanting another one. Doors, back and front all open. Look forward to this one

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Nice! I'd love to see that when it's done or during the build up. I just got this one a few weeks ago but haven't started it yet:

Ford GT box.jpg

2 hours ago, Safire6 said:

Nice! I'd love to see that when it's done or during the build up. I just got this one a few weeks ago but haven't started it yet:

Ford GT box.jpg

I got several of those back a few years ago.  It looks like a good base for the 1965 early season cars (Daytona, Sebring).  By May (Reims) the cars had changed and by Lemans they were almost completely different.  Replace the wheels with Halibrands, look critically at the engine/transaxle and there's a good shelf model.  Can't speak to fit and finish.  Pictures from that era are vital.

Edited by The Junkman

Another grail that I'd kinda forgotten about until one came up on the auction place everybody hates but uses addictively anyway.

Almost virgin. No glue, no parts bodged from being twisted off trees, everything present and correct, and a very good box. I scored a red promo a few years back, but I wanted the original-style kit with the stock guts (not the racecar version). Really impressed with the quality of the engine in this too (as I was with the engine in the "70 Eldo). Lots nicer than the blobular engines in earlier Johan offerings (well, except for the hole through the block for the wire axle).

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Another grail that I'd kinda forgotten about until one came up on the auction place everybody hates but uses addictively anyway.

Almost virgin. No glue, no parts bodged from being twisted off trees, everything present and correct, and a very good box. I scored a red promo a few years back, but I wanted the original-style kit with the stock guts (not the racecar version). Really impressed with the quality of the engine in this too (as I was with the engine in the "70 Eldo). Lots nicer than the blobular engines in earlier Johan offerings (well, except for the hole through the block for the wire axle).

Nice Bill.

This and the Johan Javelin kit are still in my "back of my mind" want list.

I had them both years ago & I think it would be fun to build them again.

Steve

image.png.b1f51270c7b39fe50053211123eb70a6.png

12 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Nice Bill.

This and the Johan Javelin kit are still in my "back of my mind" want list.

I had them both years ago & I think it would be fun to build them again.

Yeah, I'd like the Javelin too, but now that you remind me, another one I want is an American. 

Can the kit you show be built stock? Not that I'd probably want to, but it'd be nice to have the option (if I ever learn how to do BMF :D).

5 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Yeah, I'd like the Javelin too, but now that you remind me, another one I want is an American. 

Can the kit you show be built stock? Not that I'd probably want to, but it'd be nice to have the option (if I ever learn how to do BMF :D).

Yes, it can.

This is the same kit that I had as a kid.

I don't believe that I ever finished it but I was in the process of building it stock at the time.

Couldn't tell you whatever happened to it.

Steve

image.png.049620d4704fc516e363a673b45ee6e4.png

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...