Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Checked out a seller named lionelboys on eBay - his prices have been up there, but now nearly all of his stuff is BIN 70% off. Picked up a bunch of NOS chrome for my '62 Fairlane and a rear bumper for my '63 Tempest promo.

5d439419a0209_62fairlanefenderornaments.thumb.jpg.93dc56757ecb89a72f1e6e2ad36f4c1e.jpg

He still has a bunch of vintage NOS stuff - check him out if you need anything, particularly early Tempest and Fairlane. There are a lot of custom parts as well.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

14 hours ago, vintagercr said:

This came in the mail yesterday. Original AMT 1965 Impala with the custom parts.

IMG_6542.JPG

Sweet! What are you planning to do with it--restore it, rebuild it, modify it, or just enjoy it as is? I got one of these at a flea market last year, unpainted but not built as cleanly as yours. Been thinking lately of doing something with it. Last week on eBay I bought a fairly clean AMT '65 Impala convertible with the mild custom parts, and another one that might have everything I need to get at least a curbside stocker together. Might be fun to display the three of them together when I get 'em finished. 

23 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Checked out a seller named lionelboys on eBay - his prices have been up there, but now nearly all of his stuff is BIN 70% off. Picked up a bunch of NOS chrome for my '62 Fairlane and a rear bumper for my '63 Tempest promo.

5d439419a0209_62fairlanefenderornaments.thumb.jpg.93dc56757ecb89a72f1e6e2ad36f4c1e.jpg

He still has a bunch of vintage NOS stuff - check him out if you need anything, particularly early Tempest and Fairlane. There are a lot of custom parts as well.

Thanks for that. He had several items I needed

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:30 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

Just showed up today.

I was a little surprised that it only took 12 days for delivery from Japan.

Anxious to try them out.

Steve

I have used the Detail Master Version of that product for years. It worked very well for me.

So glad I went to the Flea Market in Decatur Indiana this morning! Maybe my luck is changing to good again? Spent $40.00  for these All were $10.00 each! Very happy that I got the Transtar 4070 A which will join my International truck collection. The Camaro will be getting shipped to a friend of mine. The Mustang is missing the front bumper, and is a screw bottom kit with no paint work done to it.

DSC04089.JPG

DSC04090.JPG

DSC04091.JPG

DSC04092.JPG

DSC04093.JPG

DSC04094.JPG

DSC04095.JPG

DSC04096.JPG

2 hours ago, ranma said:

So glad I went to the Flea Market in Decatur Indiana this morning! Maybe my luck is changing to good again? Spent $40.00  for these All were $10.00 each! 

DSC04089.JPG

You win Score of the Month! I'd have GLADLY paid $40 just for the Camaro and Mustang--maybe that much for either one of them!

Meanwhile, at the local toy show, I got (all $5 each): 

*Built but restorable MPC '76 Vette Coupe

*Built custom '65 Riviera (I'm gonna rebuild it as a slightly different custom with leftover parts from a new kit--might even do a Villa)

*Built Mono '64 GTO I need the chassis for my Mono '66 Chevelle

*Built '68 Lincoln Continental with some custom stuff installed (somebody, somewhere would like to have it)

* Most of a Tom Daniel California Corvette--enough of it to work with, at any rate

* Glue bomb '65 El Camino--I need the A-pillars and and cowl to restore an AMT '65 Chevelle body. 

Plus I got four new diecasts, but I'll tell that story down in the Diecast section. 

It's a Happy Day! B)

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

You win Score of the Month! I'd have GLADLY paid $40 just for the Camaro and Mustang--maybe that much for either one of them!

Meanwhile, at the local toy show, I got (all $5 each): 

*Built but restorable MPC '76 Vette Coupe

*Built custom '65 Riviera (I'm gonna rebuild it as a slightly different custom with leftover parts from a new kit--might even do a Villa)

*Built Mono '64 GTO I need the chassis for my Mono '66 Chevelle

*Built '68 Lincoln Continental with some custom stuff installed (somebody, somewhere would like to have it)

* Most of a Tom Daniel California Corvette--enough of it to work with, at any rate

* Glue bomb '65 El Camino--I need the A-pillars and and cowl to restore an AMT '65 Chevelle body. 

Plus I got four new diecasts, but I'll tell that story down in the Diecast section. 

It's a Happy Day! B)

Looks like you scored big too!

5 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Looks like you scored big too!

And I forgot until I unloaded the car--TWO AMT Double Dragster kits, new, sealed, $25 the pair! That stupid old kit is an absolute Vintage Parts Mine! :blink:

Picked up this 1963 Ford Cortina MK I, in 1:43 scale by Minichamps, in diecast...... they have got the body shape correct, whereas several other manufacturers have not. I was wanting the 4-door version but had to settle for the 2-door version instead. This was a car that was owned by my Dad during the early '70's and he taught me to drive in this very car...... I passed the driving test at the third attempt !

David

s-l1600 (1).jpg

1 hour ago, Lordmodelbuilder said:

Score on the Daniels California Corvette there Snake !!

Not my favorite Corvette, but I recognized its rarity/desirability, and it IS a '73, which is my favorite year of Shark. Bit of a glue bomb. The windshield's roached, and part of the rear louvers are broken. No wheels or tires, and the side exhausts (and rocker panels, if any) are gone, but the body is complete and unpainted, albeit with some glue boogers on it, as are the engine, interior, and I think interior. Would be a job to bring it back to full Daniel specs, but I'm thinking of maybe trying to bring it back my own way. Not high on my To-Do list at the moment, though. 

1 hour ago, Modlbldr said:

Just scored off my local CL 31 (yes, 31) 68-72 Chevy and GMC pickups and Blazer/Jimmy's for a great price!! Picking them up tonight. Pics to come.

Later-

Waiting with anticipation....and hoping you will trade some of it.?

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...