Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

9 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Did you get your issue yet Snake?

Mine came today.

image.thumb.jpeg.f9ae8d2fad7b6e0e715399649c8e833d.jpeg

I don't really strive for this sort of thing, but it's still pretty cool to see one of your models in print! ^_^

Steve

Steve

Does the South African NNL feature in this issue? I stopped buying the Contest Annuals after they dropped the SA NNL.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Joe Handley said:

Black, Grey, and Dark Gunmetal Grey, all in matte finishes.......and no, I'm not making that up!

If the body is the dark gunmetal gray, it might polish up nicely! I polished up their Camaro molded in "pearl red" and it looks good. 

On a related note, I got a 1/24 diecast kit of a '17 (I think) Camaro that went together quickly and looks good. Maisto, I think? Anyway, I got it at Hobby Lobby 40% off. 

5 hours ago, Snake45 said:

If the body is the dark gunmetal gray, it might polish up nicely! I polished up their Camaro molded in "pearl red" and it looks good. 

On a related note, I got a 1/24 diecast kit of a '17 (I think) Camaro that went together quickly and looks good. Maisto, I think? Anyway, I got it at Hobby Lobby 40% off. 

No, it's just basic, plain, black from what appears to be an unpolished mold, the wheels are about all that received the Gunmetal treatment. They did fully paint the windows and tail lights though!

If I don't do it tonight, I'll post out of box pics this weekend.

Edited by Joe Handley

I received 40 amber and red marker lights from Gregg Wann in Arizona. He posted they were available and I immediately contacted him to place an order. They arrived and are a great product.. He had originally cast them for use as truck cab marker lights but I scratch build antique travel trailers and use them for those. I recommend them.

1 hour ago, misterNNL said:

I received 40 amber and red marker lights from Gregg Wann in Arizona. He posted they were available and I immediately contacted him to place an order. They arrived and are a great product.. He had originally cast them for use as truck cab marker lights but I scratch build antique travel trailers and use them for those. I recommend them.

Pictures? Contact info?

Very happy with this recent score. Most of the stock parts are there too and it's all unbuilt. I'm thinking of building it in this configuration - white exterior with black nose stripe. Gold deluxe interior, 396 with an auto trans and red lines and stock type wheel covers from a Revell 65 Chevelle

IMG_5862.JPG

11 hours ago, espo said:

Finding a kit of this vintage that is unbuilt is amazing. I notice that several of the kit's box art in the background are also very old. Please post pictures of your build for all of us to enjoy.   

Will do David

These came in the mail today. 2 complete dodge dart models. Complete. The convertible was a crack in the middle of the windshield and some sort of brown stuff in 3 places. The sun visor and on each front fender by the headlights. I'm soaking it now to see if that will take whatever off. But a great price for them none the less. Both delivered for less than the cost of one. 

s-l1600.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...