Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

20 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

NYLIBUD.... I’ll up you one. Eggnog has been on the shelves in my local grocery store since the end of August. ‘‘Tis the Season to be Jolly.... ROFL!

I've been seeing eggnog flavored with pumpkin spice in the store. Just doesn't sound good to me and I wonder how much gets thrown away.

I love eggnog and allow myself a half gallon once a year in December. 

I was parked at my sons high school waiting for him. I like to listen to a radio program at 2 pm and he comes out at 2.25.  Some guy in a 4wheel drive came by and nailed it even with my door with my window down.  Blew fumes , some blue oil smoke in my van..  I noticed he was driving slow. I was the only one there and parked along the curb other parents hadn’t made it yet.   I don’t understand the rudeness of people today.

On 10/14/2022 at 10:24 PM, mikemodeler said:

So over the years I have lent model parts and kits to folks who develop resin parts and almost always get the parts returned promptly and usually with some extras for my generosity. Earlier this year I sent some stuff off and have yet to get it back, despite the person having used it to develop some parts with it. I get that we have things come up and life is hectic, but I think ignoring emails after saying it would be shipped soon is wrong.

A month after our last communication I sent another note asking if there was an update, we will see what is said.

Lowe's. They shouldn't even be in business.

Ordered a range in August and paid for it. Told it wouldn't be ready until November which is the norm these days. Got a call last night that it would be delivered today between 3 and 7. Looked up the delivery status a while ago and it says "cancelled". Wife called the store and after a couple of failed calls and being on hold she finally got to talk to someone. Order is cancelled because they don't have the range in stock, it won't ever be made, and they refunded our money. oh heaven's to Betsy!?!! How did the whole thing happen in the first place?

The supply issues with home appliances have been going on since Covid. The only suggestion I could offer when buying appliances, Ifg they don't have it in stock and ready to deliver look at what they do have or keep shopping. 

15 minutes ago, espo said:

The supply issues with home appliances have been going on since Covid. The only suggestion I could offer when buying appliances, Ifg they don't have it in stock and ready to deliver look at what they do have or keep shopping. 

I had to buy a new fridge for the Az. place about a year ago, and it took something like 7 weeks to get it. I just used the old one like an icebox in the interim, no big deal. Then when they delivered it, Mr. Numbnutz contract deliveryman and his idiot assistant managed to put a gash in the door when they knocked the corner off the kitchen counter.

The store's response was to offer to replace the entire unit, which I argued was beyond stupid, as they wanted to pick up the damaged one while I waited...again...for the replacement. I finally convinced them to just ship me a door, which came in a week, and I installed it myself in about ten minutes. Of course the store had initially insisted they send out the pair of bozos who'd trashed the door in the first place to do it, and I argued them down, being pretty sure they'd probably strip every screw on the hinges if I let them do the swap.

Anybody who thinks the idiocracy isn't here just isn't living in reality.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I had to buy a new fridge for the Az. place about a year ago, and it took something like 7 weeks to get it. I just used the old one like an icebox in the interim, no big deal. Then when they delivered it, Mr. Numbnutz contract deliveryman and his idiot assistant managed to put a gash in the door when they knocked the corner off the kitchen counter.

The store's response was to offer to replace the entire unit, which I argued was beyond stupid. I finally convinced them to just ship me a door, which I installed myself in about ten minutes. Of course the store had initially insisted they send out the pair of bozos who'd trashed the door in the first place, and I argued them down, being pretty sure they'd probably strip every screw on the hinges if I let them do the swap.

Anybody who thinks the idiocracy isn't here just isn't living in reality.

We moved about a year and a half ago and had to buy a new ref. - washer & dryer. At least the place we delt with was up front about not knowing when the units we wanted would even be available. We just bought what they had that were as close as possible to what we wanted. 

1 minute ago, espo said:

...We just bought what they had that were as close as possible to what we wanted. 

Yeah, I tried that, but nobody in the little town had anything in stock, though I'd tried to buy the display unit off the floor. Almost everything had to be ordered. Happily for me, when the water heater quit a week later, they had exactly one of the type and rating I wanted...which I also installed myself.

That was another weird deal. To get the thing delivered, I'd have had to pay $75 more and wait a week, taking cold showers, for their contract people. I went to U-Haul, rented a pickup, moved it myself and installed it the same day, then used the truck to haul some vintage machine tools I'd bought at a flea market, and some sheetrock and plywood for the shop.