Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

11 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

That bites. I hate vandals even more than thieves.

The wood chipper is too good for someone who destroys somebody else's property just out of malicious hate.

3 hours ago, slusher said:

I feel for you Greg, someone trashed my mobile home while they robbed it..

1 hour ago, espo said:

Wonder if the storage facility has any surveillance videos? Since nothing of value seems to have been stolen, besides your seance of security, this may have been the work of young vandals that get some sort of sic joy out of destroying other people's property. May the same or worse happen to them at some future date when they no longer live in their parents' basement. 

I only spent a few minutes in it to snap some pictures. They may have stolen a socket set unless it is under the rubble somewhere. They didn’t bother to take a portable radio/cd player. It almost seems like they were looking for something in particular, since every inch of the trailer was searched…..if so, maybe they got the wrong trailer? They must have been using a large candle for light, since there is a huge puddle of wax melted into the sofa. If they did this just to get their jollies, it could have been much worse! There are security cameras and our trailer door is plainly visible on one, but the manager said they weren’t able to find the incident on it? The vandal(s) left behind something that wasn’t there before, so the police went and retrieved it to dust for prints. Hopefully they catch the #&*%§ ‘s although the consequences certainly won’t be enough to prevent future crimes I’m sure.

Edited by NOBLNG

lychee, it worked all last week when i was practising setting up for 3d printing and yeaterday and today it takes a dump. After using it for a week it now decided my graphics card is no use. Stupid 3d printing, i may as well have head butted a wall, it would have been just as productive

15 hours ago, stitchdup said:

lychee, it worked all last week when i was practising setting up for 3d printing and yeaterday and today it takes a dump. After using it for a week it now decided my graphics card is no use. Stupid 3d printing, i may as well have head butted a wall, it would have been just as productive

Hang in there Les. At least you got to blow off some steam.

My daughter discovered that her sound card needed to be replaced and I had to bring her down from the ceiling. I showed her how to do it and now she'll have a go at it.

You have a desktop or laptop?

1 hour ago, MeatMan said:

Hang in there Les. At least you got to blow off some steam.

My daughter discovered that her sound card needed to be replaced and I had to bring her down from the ceiling. I showed her how to do it and now she'll have a go at it.

You have a desktop or laptop?

i havea couple of laptops. they were cheap ones but they did everything i needed them to do til now. It looks like i'll have to get a better spec cos there aint much difference between a faster ram and graphics card and a new laptop in terms of cost.

• Like 1

So over the years I have lent model parts and kits to folks who develop resin parts and almost always get the parts returned promptly and usually with some extras for my generosity. Earlier this year I sent some stuff off and have yet to get it back, despite the person having used it to develop some parts with it. I get that we have things come up and life is hectic, but I think ignoring emails after saying it would be shipped soon is wrong.

1 hour ago, mikemodeler said:

So over the years I have lent model parts and kits to folks who develop resin parts and almost always get the parts returned promptly and usually with some extras for my generosity. Earlier this year I sent some stuff off and have yet to get it back, despite the person having used it to develop some parts with it. I get that we have things come up and life is hectic, but I think ignoring emails after saying it would be shipped soon is wrong.

Is this a commercial caster, or just a fellow model builder?🤨

Neighbors burning household garbage. The county law allows burning branches and leaves, which is fine, but specifically forbids burning treated wood, plastic, packaging, etc., but every fall the morons are at it again.

Funny how people buy into the "save the planet" horse exhaust, but never seem to consider the negative effects of burning trash that besides CO2, also releases CARCINOGENS from burning plastics and other chemicals...and stinks to high heaven, ruining an otherwise beautiful autumn day.

Time to call the FD, I guess. $100 to $1000 fines might stop 'em.

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Neighbors burning household garbage. The county law allows burning branches and leaves, which is fine, but specifically forbids burning treated wood, plastic, packaging, etc., but every fall the morons are at it again.

Funny how people buy into the "save the planet" horse exhaust, but never seem to consider the negative effects of burning trash that besides CO2, also releases CARCINOGENS from burning plastics and other chemicals...and stinks to high heaven, ruining an otherwise beautiful autumn day.

Time to call the FD, I guess. $100 to $1000 fines might stop 'em.

A guy a mile away has a pallet business and he removes the old ones and burns them. Really stinks and the smoke hazes upe the subdivision and he is in the county..

1 hour ago, slusher said:

A guy a mile away has a pallet business and he removes the old ones and burns them. Really stinks and the smoke hazes upe the subdivision and he is in the county..

It's always amazing how little regard some folks have for the stink or other annoyance they cause the people around them.

I've got another new neighbor who blasts music until late in the night. Lotsa folks here just think I'm a nasty old man who hates younger folk's music.

No, that's not it. I'd like to be able to listen to MY OWN DAMM MUSIC and not hear some thumping crapp in the background.

I don't play MY music so loud other people HAVE TO HEAR IT, but these clowns FORCE me to hear theirs.

The message: YOU have every right to listen to YOUR music...but YOU DON'T have the right to FORCE ME to listen to it too, and you DON'T have the right to burn stuff and stink up the entire neighborhood for EVERYONE 'cause you're too cheap to have your household garbage taken away, or too lazy to haul it yourself.

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

The message: YOU have every right to listen to YOUR music...but YOU DON'T have the right to FORCE ME to listen to it too, and you DON'T have the right to burn stuff and stink up the entire neighborhood for EVERYONE 'cause you're too cheap to have your household garbage taken away, or too lazy to haul it yourself.

I hate sitting at traffic lights beside these clowns that blast music and they all seem to wanna play very graphic music with no concern at all for women or children in other vehicles. 

• Like 1

I was at Costco last week and all the Christmas stuff were out on display. If you wanted some Halloween decorations you were out of luck.

Also, Hallmark starts their "Countdown to Christmas" movies this Friday which means tons of movies from now until most likely after the first of the year. Geez!!

On 10/16/2022 at 6:21 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

It's always amazing how little regard some folks have for the stink or other annoyance they cause the people around them.

I've got another new neighbor who blasts music until late in the night. Lotsa folks here just think I'm a nasty old man who hates younger folk's music.

No, that's not it. I'd like to be able to listen to MY OWN DAMM MUSIC and not hear some thumping crapp in the background.

I don't play MY music so loud other people HAVE TO HEAR IT, but these clowns FORCE me to hear theirs.

Couldn't agree more. I'm guessing that you live on Long Island but here in Manhattan cars blasting music are an all-night event. I'm retired so get to sleep as late as i want to, but I really feel for those who have to get up for work as early as I used to do.

Scott8950 also makes a good point as to the "lyrics" of what passes for music. I don't want to be like many of my parent's generation by denying the musical tastes of younger folks and I've never been accused of being a prude, but the language used is even beyond what I heard in the barracks.

Sunday evening my wife and I are headed out for a meal. We’re sitting at a light and some clown pulls up on the left with the thumpa! thumpa! loud. I notice he has his right window open to eventuate the experience, and is dying for us to look over “Look at me! I leased a Tesla!”.  We refused to acknowledge the dullard! 

26 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

They say that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Wrong. The blind will swarm you and gouge out your eye.

This might be the most profound thing I've heard all week.  Maybe EVER. Well done. :blink:

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2022 at 8:11 PM, Scott8950 said:

I hate sitting at traffic lights beside these clowns that blast music and they all seem to wanna play very graphic music with no concern at all for women or children in other vehicles. 

There’s a solution to dealing with that. Crank your car radio to some AC/DC to drown their rap junk. I do it all the time. They get annoyed too. ROFL!

• Like 2

Third visit from the plumber this year.  The originals owners of this house planted an oak tree directly over the sewer line and over the years the roots have found the sewer line so I need to have the line augured every two or three years.  The tree is four feet in diameter at the base and probably 80' plus tall so I know it would be very expensive to take it down.

We never had any issues until about ten years ago when the hot pink of the 50's toilet broke so we had to get a new one.  The money we save in low flush toilets (1.6 gallons versus 3.5 gallons) just goes to the plumber.  I was searching on line to see if this toilet could be modified and was shocked to see that toilets now are down to 1.24 gallons per flush.  WAIT!!!  1.6 gallons isn't 'moving the merchandise' why do they scale it back even more??  I don't need to launch it to the sewage treatment plant, just to the main in the street!

1 hour ago, BlackSheep214 said:

There’s a solution to dealing with that. Crank your car radio to some AC/DC to drown their rap junk. I do it all the time. They get annoyed too. ROFL!

I'd prefer Ted Nugent's "Great White Buffalo" but I like your idea. B)

4 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Around Here, that would risk getting very aggressive "push back" from the rap music lovers. I'd rather not get shot over lousy music.

11 hours ago, HomerS said:

Third visit from the plumber this year.  The originals owners of this house planted an oak tree directly over the sewer line and over the years the roots have found the sewer line so I need to have the line augured every two or three years.  The tree is four feet in diameter at the base and probably 80' plus tall so I know it would be very expensive to take it down.

We never had any issues until about ten years ago when the hot pink of the 50's toilet broke so we had to get a new one.  The money we save in low flush toilets (1.6 gallons versus 3.5 gallons) just goes to the plumber.  I was searching on line to see if this toilet could be modified and was shocked to see that toilets now are down to 1.24 gallons per flush.  WAIT!!!  1.6 gallons isn't 'moving the merchandise' why do they scale it back even more??  I don't need to launch it to the sewage treatment plant, just to the main in the street!

My mother had an Oak that size if not bigger cut down. I hope you don’t have to have it removed..