Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

On 2/5/2024 at 12:22 PM, ewetwo said:

What irked me today is ordering polishing compound on Amazon. Only to find out the seller is in China. Or holds an order so it' to be included in a larger order from chine. Expected delivery is between 2/28 to 3/30. The location of the seller and shipping time should be given before you purchase. 

Cancel it and give the reaso you don’t have to take it. If they refuse when it comes don’t open it. The return is free, Amazon is getting terrible…

Credit card fraud. Yesterday I was alerted to some suspicious activity and sure enough there were a couple of bogus expensive charges so I called and we had the card cancelled.

I'm thankful for the alert but what a hassle. This has happened many years ago so we'll get a replacement card and move on. The wife and I are careful but with so many online purchases these days it can happen even though we use the same merchants that we trust.

Bought a new Bronco in Oct. and found out the Everglades I ordered in Sept. came in yesterday to the dealership. The dealer offered me 15k less than what I paid for the 23 a few months back, has only 2k miles on it, I felt insulted and left. I'll be keeping the 23 and said good bye to the 24 Everglades.

In the past I have ordered paperback books and other small items from Amazon and they come in a huge box with the items wrapped in bubble wrap. Last week I ordered the AMT Groove Boss super-modified and it was shipped in a paper bag.  There was no damage to the contents, but it is really frustrating.  Makes me wonder how much they pay their shipping department.

20240208_112402.jpg

20240208_112432.jpg

20240208_112446.jpg

23 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

In the past I have ordered paperback books and other small items from Amazon and they come in a huge box with the items wrapped in bubble wrap. Last week I ordered the AMT Groove Boss super-modified and it was shipped in a paper bag.  There was no damage to the contents, but it is really frustrating.  Makes me wonder how much they pay their shipping department.

20240208_112402.jpg

20240208_112432.jpg

20240208_112446.jpg

Did you send a complaint to Amazon for stupidity packaging? Demand another kit packaged in a BOX.

41 minutes ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Did you send a complaint to Amazon for stupidity packaging? Demand another kit packaged in a BOX.

If there had been any damage to the kit itself I would definitely have complained. Still may file an unfriendly review.

• Like 1

My son ordered a 1/16th scale Revell car kit from Amazon for my birthday last year. All they did was stick a shipping label straight onto the kit box Itself and sent it like that!  Fortunately whoever delivered it didn't crush it and I got it intact.

58 minutes ago, Bugatti Fan said:

My son ordered a 1/16th scale Revell car kit from Amazon for my birthday last year. All they did was stick a shipping label straight onto the kit box Itself and sent it like that!  Fortunately whoever delivered it didn't crush it and I got it intact.

Sometimes things like this make me wonder if Mr. Bezos justifies paying not-that-great because one of the hiring requisites for warehouse and shipping staff is an IQ not-to-exceed room temperature.

Stupid people will work cheaper.  ;)

EDIT: If Mr. Bezos was to pay each of his 1.5 million employees an extra $3500 per year, he'd still be making more than $4 billion annually. How much is "enough"?

Don't get me wrong...I'm all in favor of capitalism and getting stinking rich from your idea, but really, at what point does greed become obscene?

(feel free to check my napkin-numbers)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 2

On 2/8/2024 at 9:32 AM, TarheelRick said:

Last year I ordered a kit from the US Amazon site. It was shipped in a bag and arrived with the box far more crushed than yours. I took a lot of pics.

Opened it up, and somehow, no damage to the contents. None whatsoever. 

But I sent the pics to Amazon and explained that they shipped fragile stuff in a bag. They refunded me in full, told me to keep the product. So I ordered another.

Funny thing is, the Canadian site has never been an issue. Always shipped securely.

• Like 2

Had to replace the windshield washer nozzle on our 2008 Equinox. The part appeared to be identical to the old one once it was removed. Boy it didn't go in as easily as the old one came out. Had to take a file to its tabs so it would fit into the opening and seat properly. Shouldn't have to alter a new part that's made in China.. Right? 

7 hours ago, A modeler named mike said:

...Shouldn't have to alter a new part that's made in China.. Right? 

Almost SOP, though there some offshore suppliers who actually make stuff to the specs...but you never know exactly what you're going to get...and shopping price for car parts just about guarantees you'll get junk.