Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

1 hour ago, slusher said:

It’s cold here the. Last few days but no snow and don’t want any. Warming up today..

If I recall Carl I think you are around the Chat'nooga  area. I'm sure you had that same wet and nasty weather we had here south of Nashville. But I actually was able to paint a model in my garage with 2 heaters running fiull blast the whole time. I actually got the temp up to 60 degrees and 55% humidity even tho it was 38 outside with that nasty misty rain.

And yep, in high 30's today and sunshine.

Snow and rain had stopped when I got up this morning. Someone had already plowed my sidewalk.. we usually do that on my street, whoever gets out first walks their snowblower the length of our block.  A good thing because mine won’t start!

I did park the car on the driveway down near the street. I did have to shovel a path to it and the driveway behind it to the street.  Since it rained on top of the snow it was very heavy to move. Ugh!

8 hours ago, Danno said:

Bob,

Just do it the Colorado way:  stay inside until it melts.

PS: We don't shovel snow or ice down here.  ?

??

If only. I have a big driveway and the house in back uses it as an easement. But trust me when I say I looked out the window with dread in my heart.

2 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

People not knowing how a 4 way stop works ? and seems tailgating is becoming a trend lately and it really ticks me off...

Oh yea,I totally agree with you..Try driving in NY.The only good thing is I have a used 09 CV ex police car.Thats when no one tailgates me,cuts me off,or anything when I’m driving that car..In fact most people just stay clear of me,as opposed to when I’m driving my Jeep.

5FCFA13D-1FBF-4148-9DAE-235E332CCCB8.jpeg

FD773AA6-F85F-42B2-9B2F-1ACAC744FD04.jpeg

Had I known that MLB rewarded even poor performance, I would have signed up for Little League a few more years......

Right-hander Anthony DeSclafani signed a $6 million, one-year contract with the San Francisco Giants on Wednesday.  DeSclafani went 1-2 with a 7.22 ERA over nine games — seven starts — spanning 33 2/3 innings in 2020.

7 hours ago, HomerS said:

Had I known that MLB rewarded even poor performance, I would have signed up for Little League a few more years......

Right-hander Anthony DeSclafani signed a $6 million, one-year contract with the San Francisco Giants on Wednesday.  DeSclafani went 1-2 with a 7.22 ERA over nine games — seven starts — spanning 33 2/3 innings in 2020.

I played baseball in college and even though I was a shortstop I think I could have managed that performance. Pathetic.

On 12/17/2020 at 11:10 AM, TransAmMike said:

If I recall Carl I think you are around the Chat'nooga  area. I'm sure you had that same wet and nasty weather we had here south of Nashville. But I actually was able to paint a model in my garage with 2 heaters running fiull blast the whole time. I actually got the temp up to 60 degrees and 55% humidity even tho it was 38 outside with that nasty misty rain.

And yep, in high 30's today and sunshine.

Mike, I am almost equal between Memphis and Nashville and I spray on my carport.  One day.this week we was 37 North wind was cold. I spray carry it. Inside. I live in Henderson county. 5 miles from I 40..

On 12/18/2020 at 9:34 PM, HomerS said:

A left hander with those stats would get even more.

13 hours ago, slusher said:

Mike, I am almost equal between Memphis and Nashville and I spray on my carport.  One day.this week we was 37 North wind was cold. I spray carry it. Inside. I live in Henderson county. 5 miles from I 40..

Got it Carl, so around Jackson I'm  guessing. 

I’m still taking the customer service calls from home, but due to the time of year, our cal volume is low. I’m between calls today and get a call from somebody claiming to be with our phone provider with some special holiday discount. I told him I was not the person to talk to (that would be Dad) and that I was using that line for work and needed to end the call.  He then asked me “Well, who the h—l are you then?!” I reiterated that I was a resident of this house then went to rip into him (he really p-s-ed me off), but he hung up before I could!

the Grinch is alive and well in SW Ohio....

Clermont County.  Three years ago, the county outsourced the operation of the animal shelter to an organization that made it a no-kill shelter and it became a benchmark for others to copy.  The organization found out on Facebook they were getting booted as the county thinks they can do it better and cheaper.

Hamilton County.   Reassessed the properties and tax bills are going up on average 15%.  People out of work and struggling to make ends meet so lets pile on the debt.

I’m trying to get rid of a scale r/c truck I’ve never used and put on a different forum’s for sale section  for $200obo including radio, speed control and servo, then if they were local, I’d give them the batteries for it too. First bite, guy wanted to go $150 since he would need batteries and electronics......reminded him that other than batteries, all the electronics would be included and countered with $175 but would have to get pricing on shipping (he’s about 400mi north west of me) after work today. He messaged me today suggesting we make that $175 shipped, I tried to tell him no, shipping would be extra and that I had 2 others that were interested in the truck at asking price with shipping added. He gets all p1$$y about it claiming I was just trying to get more money out of it and going back on our deal, though I was still willing to give him dibs for the )175 plus shipping since he contacted me first. I reminded him what we had discussed and that if he wanted to walk away from the sale, he could. He sent a snotty message back that he would and how I was just trying to get more out of it and how he really wanted it. My final response was quite simple, I just replied “Fine”.

I deal with enough adults that throw tantrums at work, I’m not going to while thinning the heard of R/Cs too.  Not going to say what my teacher friend’s thoughts on this was?

7 minutes ago, Joe Handley said:

...I deal with enough adults that throw tantrums at work...

Boy, do I sympathize with that.

For the last very few years, I've finally managed to get involved with two companies here where everyone I have to deal with is a grown-up.

Sure makes a difference when interactions are based on logic, rationality, and both sides can read and remember what was discussed previously.

10 minutes ago, Joe Handley said:

He’s now trash talking me on there and saying I was dishonest with him.:rolleyes:

Idiot!  While he’s trying to talk you down, someone else shows up and buys the item, that’s just how it goes. If indeed he really wanted it, he would’ve paid the price and it would’ve been his!

24 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Idiot!  While he’s trying to talk you down, someone else shows up and buys the item, that’s just how it goes. If indeed he really wanted it, he would’ve paid the price and it would’ve been his!

Yup, just sold it to another guy on the forum for $250 shipped! 

I also posted in that thread, plus I screen shot the messages, so “I have receipts” too?