Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

1 hour ago, peteski said:

Yes, you snooze - you loose.  Fear (from the talking weather-heads) is the greatest people motivator.  Not only for weather related panics, but also for political reasons (but we're not going into that).  Even wars were waged triggered by  fear, so food hoarding is not all the bad in the greater scheme of things. But it still stinks!.

We have five snow / ice events predicted over the next week.  And it's like the new stations are in competition to  predict the worst weather!  Watch our news at 11pm, we have more snow than the other stations!  

At least your forecasts have some interesting variables, even drama. About 90% of our forecasts are the same five words:  "Hot and dry; heat advisory."  Rumor has it the forecasts are all pre-recorded to be run and re-run and re-run . . . broadcast stations save on labor costs.

🌵😎

1 minute ago, Danno said:

At least your forecasts have some interesting variables, even drama. About 90% of our forecasts are the same five words:  "Hot and dry; heat advisory."  Rumor has it the forecasts are all pre-recorded to be run and re-run and re-run . . . broadcast stations save on labor costs. 

Those got really, really tiresome..along w/ months of triple digit temps...glad I moved out of AZ when I did.

36 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

We have enough supplies for a few days.. no need to go anywhere! Maybe some bench time!

Same here, knock wood and pray the power stays on. I hope to have Projekt Junknova and the Fireball 500 rescue finished by the end of next week. 

Dominion Energy. Our power has been out for 3 days due to an ice storm. That's not Dominion's fault, so that's not why they irked me. What irked me is that their outage status update showed that our power would be restored today only for them to change it to tomorrow. This happened about an hour before the estimated time of restoration that they gave for today. I know these things happen but it's still a kick in the stomach.

Still trying to get a refund from our old insurance company and agent. We're changing our Home Owners and Auto Insurance after to many years. Each year they jack the rates just enough to make you shop around but not enough to change companies until this year. The policy is good until  2/28 and premiums are paid in full. I called the agent on 2/5 to tell them we were not renewing with them and to not pull the Home Owners Insurance premium to renew. That was when I found out they had already hit our impound account at the mortgage company for next years premium even though it wasn't due for over two weeks. She told me that she would get a refund for us right away. I'm guessing a week and a half is pretty fast in their world, not in mine.  No refund by weeks end and I'll have to pay the new company out of pocket and wait to see how long it takes for the refund.   

Was supposed to get a package from UPS yesterday (Monday) but I'm smart enough to know weather may alter delivery time. Check the tracking and it said to check back tomorrow. Today is tomorrow and it says the same thing. Shows "in transit". What I don't understand is "in transit". A truck on the side of the road? Sitting in a warehouse?

I'm in no hurry to get the package but I just don't understand situations like this. It's as if everything goes into limbo and nobody knows anything.

Wife has the same situation with a package that was supposed to be delivered last Sunday from UPS. I know UPS doesn't deliver on Sunday and they sometime hand it off to USPS to deliver but her tracking  has the same message as mine.

I doubt UPS observes the holidays.  At work, we even got mail yesterday...mailman was out delivering packages only, but he said he was a bit behind so if he saw activity at businesses on his route, he'd stop to deliver regular mail.

UPS wasn't off on Presidents Day and the post office delivers "packages" on Sunday. Have talked with my mail carrier about that and he had some interesting info.

Again, I understand the weather is screwing things up but what I don't understand is day after day the tracking info doesn't change and only states "in transit". We've all watched the goofy journey of our packages as they're being scanned. There seems to be no scanning with the 2 packages we have coming and I wonder why. Lost?

4 hours ago, TonyK said:

UPS wasn't off on Presidents Day and the post office delivers "packages" on Sunday. 

Makes me chuckle.. remember a few years back the post office was going to stop Saturday delivery?  Now they’re on 7 days as are all the other services.

Before the pandemic we were at my daughter’s condo on A Sunday and delivery trucks were in the lot all day long.. in fact she got two different Amazon packages a few hrs apart!

This irked me just a little earlier today when i got home from work.
I managed to get stuck in my own driveway  it got hung up on the skidplate under the fueltank and had to dig it out and then spend 45minutes removing snow with a shovel from the rest of the driveway.
I think i had snow that was about 15" deep..
And it is still snowing...
IMG_20210217_170426.thumb.jpg.2f73284558175ca12cd57adda077b92e.jpg
IMG_20210217_170415.thumb.jpg.04402eecc02f56acdfa00008fc3d8542.jpg

Last week we had heavy snow on top of ice.  I tried to back my Hyundai Elantra down the driveway and slid off to the side, and one wheel hit the lawn.  I made a big mess of the grass with spinning my wheels trying to get out.  I eventually gave up and decided to pull the car out with my Buick.  I'm under my Hyundai front end hooking the chain to the front chassis member.  My wife looks out the window and sees me under the car with my legs moving, as I scooted myself under the car.  She thinks I ran myself over and runs out in her slippers.   She comes running up to me shouting my name,  I let her know I'm okay... mad and wet at that point but okay...   I'm just glad she didn't jump in the car and run me over trying to save me!

(yes I was able to pull it out with the Buick)

My Mother in law of almost 28 years died this morning from cancer. She loved life and raised 3 children and a ministers wife and they did that for free. She turned 73 Jan 31.   She said she never thought her life would end like this. She starved to death as the cancer covers her organs...

18 hours ago, PierreR89 said:

This irked me just a little earlier today when i got home from work.
I managed to get stuck in my own driveway  it got hung up on the skidplate under the fueltank and had to dig it out and then spend 45minutes removing snow with a shovel from the rest of the driveway.
I think i had snow that was about 15" deep..
And it is still snowing...
IMG_20210217_170426.thumb.jpg.2f73284558175ca12cd57adda077b92e.jpg
IMG_20210217_170415.thumb.jpg.04402eecc02f56acdfa00008fc3d8542.jpg

Ah,yea great,once again waking up to yet another snow storm.It snows,it melts,then it snows again.Spring can’t come any sooner.I have seriously had enough.Please no more.😤🤯