Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

20 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

...I need a battery for my PT Cruiser, which is a smaller battery that is squeezed up in the front left corner...

A larger battery than is called out and OEM installed will fit the PTs with zero modifications. 

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

my irk happened 3 days ago, my natural gas water heater stopped working, while the type of failure I had was less traumatic than for most water heaters (it didn't leak or explode)...I still had to replace the water heater due to the thermocouple failing.

the safety feature related to this is that if the water heater doesn't sense that the pilot is on, it shuts off gas flow to the burner regulator.

I didn't find any info on this being a user serviceable part and the fact that this water heater had given me good service five years past it's six year warranty made my decision to replace it rather easy.

after that it was just a matter of clearing a path to get it out and a replacement unit in and hooked up without any leaks or explosions.

the fact that I'm typing this means I was successful.

From Yahoo......Meghan Markle says it's 'liberating' to speak for herself'

Next article states CBS paid $7M for the interview w/ her and Harry

I'm far less interesting but I would sell out for far less cash.

Still not pleased with the ads, but this is an improvement over the Japanese lip thingie..

F9D1E764-CD8C-4F5D-9AC4-89FAED189C40.jpeg.171bd68ee8026929708d3175d86c594a.jpeg

Ad from our board.. which is the lesser evil? Picking up the dog poop 💩 off the floor or scraping it off his backside?

Edited by Tom Geiger

It's not just for dog logs.....

My ten year old Aussie started having issues with piddling in the house.  There was a simple fix of an Rx for incontinence.  This was an option for her but the med worked just fine.

8 hours ago, slusher said:

Running a fever and found out I have both ears infected from sinus drainage. Feel awful.

I feel your pain Carl.  I've been battling a bad sinus infection and bronchitis for three weeks... well, actually it all started at the end of January.  Thanks to COVID protocol it's been all but impossible to get a consistent Dr. because I can only go to urgent care with my symptoms.  Had a real battle with the clinic last week.  I feel like I'm starting to kick it.  Hang in there buddy, feel better soon.

13 hours ago, HomerS said:

Pathetic.  This is what the American market demands on TV?  Yet another reason my TV doesn't get turned on and hasn't for three years.

16 hours ago, HomerS said:

I barely know who Meghan and Harry are and almost wish I didn't. I can't imagine caring about what either of them thinks or says on any subject. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Kromolly said:

Pathetic.  This is what the American market demands on TV?  Yet another reason my TV doesn't get turned on and hasn't for three years.

No, this is what the American press/media/TV moguls demand the American market be subjected to on TV (and in other media). 

🌵😎

Edited by Danno

My irk.  I, like a lot of you search ebay in the model kit section looking for another kit you don't really need. Just now I was on the look out for something and as in the past I had to go through 15 pages of die cast vehicles to reach the kits. There is a section for die cast so why are they here ? Sending a message to ebay is a waste of time. I even sent a message to the person who seems to be doing 90 percent of these listings and he/they do respond with an I didn't know. Bologna !

34 minutes ago, cobraman said:

My irk.  I, like a lot of you search ebay in the model kit section looking for another kit you don't really need. Just now I was on the look out for something and as in the past I had to go through 15 pages of die cast vehicles to reach the kits. There is a section for die cast so why are they here ? Sending a message to ebay is a waste of time. I even sent a message to the person who seems to be doing 90 percent of these listings and he/they do respond with an I didn't know. Bologna !

I was just on eBay this afternoon and saw all the diecast in the model section. Ones I just paid $10 for, with Buy It Now for $30... why? Trolling for suckers! Sellers figure they’ll catch someone who sees it and doesn’t know how to search further! 

Edited by Tom Geiger

11 hours ago, Kromolly said:

8 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I barely know who Meghan and Harry are and almost wish I didn't. I can't imagine caring about what either of them thinks or says on any subject. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Danno said:

No, this is what the American press/media/TV moguls demand the American market be subjected to on TV (and in other media). 

🌵😎

I agree, but there is money involved when Opra gets involved and she received almost 10 million and she doesn’t need money. I could care less but it’s every where...

11 hours ago, Kromolly said:

Well, somebody is watching and giving them ratings, or they wouldn't have sponsors.  Supply and demand.  I'm with Snake, I positively couldn't care less what Meghan and Harry have to say.  

I have no interest in there life or interviews...

18 hours ago, Kromolly said:

Well, somebody is watching and giving them ratings, or they wouldn't have sponsors.  Supply and demand.  I'm with Snake, I positively couldn't care less what Meghan and Harry have to say.  

That's exactly what I was going to say. It is not that the TV programming is something the networks "force" viewers to watch. Their closely monitor the market and produce programs which will have huge audience to maximize their ad revenue.  Like with everything else in a capitalistic society, it is all about maximizing profits.  Yes Snake, you might not be interested (neither am I), but there are millions of people who will love to watch this kind of schmaltz!

2 hours ago, peteski said:

That's exactly what I was going to say. It is not that the TV programming is something the networks "force" viewers to watch. Their closely monitor the market and produce programs which will have huge audience to maximize their ad revenue.  Like with everything else in a capitalistic society, it is all about maximizing profits.  Yes Snake, you might not be interested (neither am I), but there are millions of people who will love to watch this kind of schmaltz!

Those are the same people who don't have the good sense to sit down and build an old-fashioned model!  😆  Well, not just models of course, but there are so many things people could do to learn, be creative, become more independent and enlightened, than sitting and watching TV... schmaltz.  I like that word.  Just one guys opinion, of course.

21 hours ago, slusher said:

I agree, but there is money involved when Opra gets involved and she received almost 10 million and she doesn’t need money. I could care less but it’s every where...

Oprah’s pocket lint is worth more than my whole life’s earnings. Is she a better person than me ... Did she work harder?? This whole world system is jacked!

21 minutes ago, Venom said:

Oprah’s pocket lint is worth more than my whole life’s earnings. Is she a better person than me ... Did she work harder?? 

She very well might have worked harder than you (or me), at least for a while there, getting started. I don't agree with Oprah on much and am not that big a fan, but she started from nothing and got where she is by hard work and determination, and I have nothing but respect for that.  If more people had her work ethic, the world would be a much better place. 

Royals, on the other hand...I don't waste any respect on them. :lol:

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

She very well might have worked harder than you (or me), at least for a while there, getting started. I don't agree with Oprah on much and am not that big a fan, but she started from nothing and got where she is by hard work and determination, and I have nothing but respect for that.  If more people had her work ethic, the world would be a much better place. 

Royals, on the other hand...I don't waste any respect on them. :lol:

I understand what you’re saying, and I realize the term ‘working hard’ is subjective... like some people’s bodies are broken down or ruined from the work they do. I don’t know if Oprah has ever made bales of hay or run a jackhammer or swung a sledgehammer to pound iron stakes into the ground all day in 0 degree weather with 50 mph winds, and the list goes on and on. Just watch some episodes of Mike Rowe’s Dirty Jobs and you’ll see all sorts of people doing brutal work to eek out an honest living. More often than not those types of jobs are supporting the very structures of the world we take for granted every day and very few of those people receive any praise for the work they do. Those people are tough as nails and I respect them for what they provide for us much more than being able to watch a cushy couch interview on tv, or a movie.  The point is that there is a monetary imbalance that is beyond comprehension and is inexcusable. I don’t really think Oprah is a harder worker than a lumberjack, but somehow what she did/does is worth billions of times more than what any lumberjack does, and yet, I guarantee she wouldn’t last a day doing a lumberjack’s work. It makes no sense. I don’t respect inequality.

Edited by Venom

Getting time to start thinking about taxes. I only worked one month in 2020, and I got the W-2 for that, and the one for Social Security, which I was on by the end of the year, but not the 1099-G from state unemployment. Spent over an hour trying to find a number to call to request one, finally found an email that seems to be good, so I've emailed the request. 

Now I need the tax forms. Remember when the G and the state used to send these to you? No more, not for a few years now. Last few years I downloaded and printed them at work, but I'm not working this year and I don't have a working printer. Spent more time trying to figure out how to request the forms. Never did find either a number or an email for either, and both local offices are closed due to COVID. 

I wonder if H&R Block would give me the forms if I walked in and asked nicely? 

On the bright side, I might not even have to pay any tax. Apparently unemployment is not counted for income last year, and there may be some favorable rules about SS too. Between that and the Senior Citizen tax rate, we might not have made enough money last year to have to pay any income tax at all. :unsure: