Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

9 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Saw this Pontoon Mercedes along the highway north of town, this location seems to be a car dealer or collector.  I grew up with a 1961 190, this looks like a '59 220.  Don't like the color they chose, but it's close to being done.

IMG_3302.thumb.jpg.21bfd56da4708111decf9efbf465ee09.jpg

The Mercedes looks to be in great shape. I notice a Pontiac tin woody in the background, that is something that I would be interested in.  

• Like 1

Spotted this clean, clean '64 Country Squire Wagone. Had to go back and check it out. Nice resto, even the Di-Noc vinyl was replaced. The fiberglass trim around the woodgrain was nice too. As someone who has owned a few 50s & 60s Ford Wagons, it's nice to see one nicely done.

20220212_160720_HDR.jpg

20220212_160708_HDR.jpg

20220212_160748_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RSchnell said:

Spotted this clean, clean '64 Country Squire Wagone. Had to go back and check it out. Nice resto, even the Di-Noc vinyl was replaced. The fiberglass trim around the woodgrain was nice too. As someone who has owned a few 50s & 60s Ford Wagons, it's nice to see one nicely done.

20220212_160720_HDR.jpg

20220212_160708_HDR.jpg

20220212_160748_HDR.jpg

Needs a nice set of wide whites. Great looking wagon as is. 

72 Challenger.  It looked really long, low and sleek compared to the current model.

71 Impala 2-door

Rolls-Royce Wraith Coupe.  Matte bronze/black with blacked out trim.

AMG Mercedes SLS 6.3 Gullwing Coupe.

And a lot of more common upper end Mercedes and BMWs.  I was in the affluent end of the San Fernando Valley.

Imagine my surprise to see my photos posted by someone else on another forum I read. I would think common courtesy would be to ask first and give credit. I only posted this here due to the fact that this is the only place I posted the photos to start with. "What did you see on the internet today!" LOL!!! Is Deuces a member here?

Untitled.jpg

Edited by RSchnell

2 minutes ago, RSchnell said:

Imagine my surprise to see my photos posted by someone else on another forum I read...

Annoying, isn't it? I've found dozens of my build thread pix posted elsewhere, not by me.

Nobody exactly taking credit for my work, but the implication is pretty strong.

I wish there was a destruct-button built into all of 'em.