Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Just now, Ace-Garageguy said:

Annoying, isn't it? I've found dozens of my build thread pix posted elsewhere, not by me.

Nobody exactly taking credit for my work, but the implication is pretty strong.

I wish there was a destruct-button built into all of 'em.  

Yes sir it is! I normally watermark photos that come out of the camera, it's not worth the effort for cell phone pics. It's just the principle. I guess everything I post will be watermarked from here on out. It's free advertising for my little photography biz anyways!

3 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Annoying, isn't it? I've found dozens of my build thread pix posted elsewhere, not by me.

Hey, one of the more popular car model guys on Youtube has a video about JoHan car kits. First image you see in the video is this pic I took of one of my best flea market scores. Imagine my surprise at seeing that ! 🤨

100 0004

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RSchnell said:

You don't see many of these midsize Mercury Zephyr/Ford Fairmont wagons on the road anymore. This one was real clean. (Let's see where this pic gets reposted! LOL)

274002120_350944840231370_6401011007157757334_n.jpg

Looking at the side trim and the trim around the taillights, this looks more like an 82 Cougar wagon.

People usually put their collector cars into storage around here at the end of the fall but this was sitting for sale in a parking lot. 20 footer on a good day. By the way the Ollie's only had a couple of Lindberg battleship models

20220225_150254.jpg

Edited by Mike C.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Mike C. said:

People usually put their collector cars into storage around here at the end of the fall but this was sitting for sale in a parking lot. 20 footer on a good day. By the way the Ollie's only had a couple of Lindberg battleship models

20220225_150254.jpg

That looks like.the store in Westland Mi.

On 2/19/2022 at 6:45 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Recently in a Porsche 914 thread you ranted about Revell's incorrect B pillars and posted a photo of my orange 914 build without credit (from February 27, 2006 in my Fotki album as it was built for an NNL East theme that spring), only pointing out how obvious the kit's B pillar shape looks vs. a real car (which I don't disagree with at all, and if I build another one I know how to fix it as my skills continue to improve and I have a resin HRM wide body resin kit to build "someday"). Where did you find that photo? You sharing that photo could be interpreted by others as "look at how bad this model looks because the idiot builder didn't fix it". There are plenty of issues with the Revell 914 beyond the incorrect pillar shape, anyone getting a decent result finishing one where everything fits decently and it doesn't sit like an off road vehicle on those lovely 2 piece hard vinyl tires knows the struggle with that kit. It was a fun build despite the issues and completed in about a week as I had some free time to dig into it and correct what I could with it, since it seems there's never going to be a modern kit of a 914 done right.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Saw this old Pontiac parked next to the local bottle depot.

Needs work, but could be very cool. Will see if it moves come spring.

Assuming it's a 1965.

20220226_120309.thumb.jpg.c79b9415e34a690026c2e83685a76d4e.jpg

20220226_120347.thumb.jpg.e4d95f6216336dc3e3065672828329c8.jpg

20220226_120331.thumb.jpg.cd9b4628743f02ee0d8be992b024b1f7.jpg

Neat...Canadian..a Laurentian or Strato-Chef?  Can't read the rear fender badging...looks like a lower trim level.