Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

On 1/22/2023 at 9:09 AM, espo said:

My travels around the area take by a large Avis Rent a car lot whenever I go to the model shop. They have a couple of rows of Teslas sitting that never seem to change or move.  

There is a tesla store across the street from the hotel I stayed in over the weekend.  Plus a zillion of the cars on the streets in Sunnyvale, Santa Clara etc.

22 hours ago, sfhess said:

There is a tesla store across the street from the hotel I stayed in over the weekend.  Plus a zillion of the cars on the streets in Sunnyvale, Santa Clara etc.

Every part of the county seems to have a different mix of brands and types of vehicles that are being used. Sounds like the Tesla is popular in your area. While some have been sold around here, they are more of a Unicorn type sighting. I was in the mentioned area just this morning doing other things and I had to pass the rental lot. Same cars just a little dustier since we had a little weather a couple of days ago. I'm sure there must be a financial reason, but these cars all have Missouri license plates and I'm in Kansas.     

A74E1A11-5702-4B9C-9EDE-E7C09DB94EE4.jpeg.bac37fb6f5770167e6e17af29e643e6c.jpeg

My walkabout in the quaint little town of Allentown, NJ. Pretty little Saturn Sky. These are around with low miles and not too expensive.

91FA9C5F-E06B-4166-B02D-2A1C7DF5E740.thumb.jpeg.1482d79e8d6453e02712660e31b2ebf2.jpeg

Late 1970s Corolla soldiers onward! This one is exact car my father in law had!

CAF596EC-1A72-432D-9FCB-2694E63FC2BD.jpeg.c50f4282294ef0214536745fa9ff5712.jpeg

They lied!  They would not sell it to me for $17!  Bait and switch I tell ya!

• Haha 3

On 2/12/2023 at 11:56 AM, espo said:

The Dealer on the back sort of makes me think it's a reproduction. The real thing is worth too much to be cruising around in traffic. 

The large wheels are a giveaway that it’s a replica.  The real ones in the 60s had maybe 14-inch wheels