Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

3 hours ago, vamach1 said:

The V6 was a great engine and I’d buy one again over the eco boost but Ford does not offer them in a Mustang anymore.  My wide drives my 2014 V6 convertible automatic and the car and engine have been trouble free with about 95,000 miles.

Mine's at 160,000 or so right now...still runs like a champ!

The 2011+ 3.7L DOHC is a much different beast than your 4.0L Jim. I believe they are 305 HP and they pull real strong into the upper RPMs. I have had a few over the years as rentals, and they lack nothing in the acceleration department, even with A/T. I tromped down hard on one I had in Maui and was pleasantly surprised to see 6200 RPM upshifts from the slushbox and a banshee shriek from the intake. 

Edited by Rodent
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rodent said:

The 2011+ 3.7L DOHC is a much different beast than your 4.0L Jim. I believe they are 305 HP and they pull real strong into the upper RPMs. I have had a few over the years as rentals, and they lack nothing in the acceleration department, even with A/T. I tromped down hard on one I had in Maui and was pleasantly surprised to see 6200 RPM upshifts from the slushbox and a banshee shriek from the intake. 

Ahhh, didn't know that!  I learned a thing!  Mine was only rated at 210hp when new, and I'm sure it's not close to that at this point...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scott Colmer said:

Saw this parked at Mom's assisted living facility. 

IMG_4068-vi.jpg

what part of So Cal are you in?  cause probably 20 years ago (maybe more) i used to see one of those in Long Beach.   always in the Los Coyotes Diagonal/Bellflower Blvd/405 area.  the only time i can remember seeing the driver it was a women in maybe her late 50's ealy 60's, so it's not unreasonable to think she might still be alive and in an assisted living facility now.  wondering if it could be the same car

On 12/23/2022 at 2:27 AM, Brian Austin said:

Last night heading home from work I saw a Rivian coming the other way.  It was dark, so all I saw were the funky headlights and illuminated strip that runs across the front.

Relating to shooting brakes, the term comes from a horse-drawn wagon that carried hunting supplies along with the hunting party.  The French seem to use the term "break", which comes from "break de chasse".  In England the term "estate car" is sometimes used.  The hunting and sporting image of these cars is in stark contrast to the US "station wagon" and "depot hack", which were more like utilitarian taxis to transport people and luggage to and from their train.

Lastly, regarding Rolls Royce and Bentley, throughout their classic era, IIRC anything other than their standard saloon body would have been coachbuilt.

an estate and a shooting brake are 2 different cars. An estate car is what you call a wagon but a shooting brake isn't.

https://blog.japanesecartrade.com/what-is-shooting-brake/